FXpansion Spam email ?spam? Turbo

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just got the new email :lol:

i guess what else can i do but laugh now

cron wrote:I also got the second email today.

SkotFX over at FXpansion's forum says:
We sent a "Please Explain... and quickly before we start turning the voltage up on the nipple clamps" email to DT (strangely, we have a form email for this...).

DubTurbo are providing us with info on the "rogue affiliate", and apparently doing all they can to shut him down, and want to open direct communications to help resolve this.

We are still hunting leads to see what the source of the email address list was; web admin team scanning webserver history.

Thanks for bearing with us.
This rogue affiliate excuse is just bs - they are profiting from the scam and should be held accountable. Pretty much every company that uses spammers as marketing uses this sort of excuse, hiding behind the fact that they hived off aspects of the marketing to third parties while tacitly enabling them and raking in the cash.

I just got 2 emails from them. I'm not a member of FXPansion in any way... weird....

Wow... that's strange... it says info@fxpansion.com via countrylifevitamins.com WTF?

aMUSEd wrote: This rogue affiliate excuse is just bs
+1

bjporter wrote:I just got 2 emails from them. I'm not a member of FXPansion in any way... weird....
Thanks for saying so - everyone else is(seemingly), now it could be they got the emails from yet another source... :cry:

I got a 2nd Fxpansion Duff Turdo email today...

Anyone else who is not an FXpansion member could they also say so if they are getting this spam... :wink:

Are you SURE you never signed up for an account? It's been around for a long time and they have had deals like "no brainers" that people just jumped on even if you forgot.

However, that would be interesting. The oddest thing is that the spam filter on that account is usually MUCH better than my main email account.

bjporter wrote:I just got 2 emails from them. I'm not a member of FXPansion in any way... weird....
This could help if you are absolutely sure. Have you ever bought anything from Audiomidi.com?

Thanks.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

faun2500 wrote:
This could help if you are absolutely sure. Have you ever bought anything from Audiomidi.com?

Thanks.
There was also the giveaway DCAM FreeComp which needed you to sign up for an account to download/authorise. That's the only other thing I can think of.

Thats signing up to fxpansion thought isn't it? I would be looking at 'other' sources.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

DT are very savvy about SEO and online marketing (they've flooded sites with fake blogs, etc. "reviewing" DT). I'd be inclined to think they knew exactly what they were doing.

I'm on Fxpansion's e-mail (and AudioMidi) and received nothing, so it's another source.

Everyone in this thread has a kvr account.. maybe they got them from kvr? :hihi: (that is a joke... I think)

JoeCat wrote:DT are very savvy about SEO and online marketing (they've flooded sites with fake blogs, etc. "reviewing" DT). I'd be inclined to think they knew exactly what they were doing.

I'm on Fxpansion's e-mail (and AudioMidi) and received nothing, so it's another source.
That's helpful too (I think) lol.

VitaminD wrote:Everyone in this thread has a kvr account.. maybe they got them from kvr? :hihi: (that is a joke... I think)

Thats true! Its KVR, Take them down, take them down.... oh, hang on... this is KVR!!! :(

hehehehe... :shock:

Well if what DT said is true, about using an affiliate...

Companies/Individuals often offer incentive for sending referrals to their website. The problem is that these companies don't always specify any sets of guidelines for how they get these referrals.

There is a certain Mac program out there has been pushed much like DT has. Any Mac users will probably know exactly which one I'm talking about (M*#Keeper *cough*). I had read an interview a while back between the owner of the company and a blogger (I'm sorry it's been a while, so I can't remember which one to post links), but this was their excuse too. I don't believe this excuses their behavior and their advertising omnipresence. I'm just saying... this has happened before. Too bad it's using FXpansion

And, I got my spam too. :x

Return to “FXpansion”