inMusic BFD3 and FXPansion's BFD2 BFD1 sounds

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently updated and migrated to inMusic's BFD3. It was/is not an easy migration. So far, I've got no way to access drum sounds from BFD2 or BFd1 (as far as I can tell). inMusic's license manager does not recognize either BFD1 or 2 at all, hence does not seem able to recognize them for loading sounds. I was quite frankly very happy with FXPansion's BFD3 and could obviously access all of these sounds (for instance all of the Zildjian cymbals that I loved so much in the Zildjian folder including the "Flat Ride" and the blessed "Old K Ride"), but they seem out of reach now. If this is not addressed, it would seem that, despite giving the user the choice of one of about 6 free expansions, one must expect to lose access to all of the kits and drums included with BFD1/2 one purchased under FXPansion's ownership of the application. Despite the fact that the update is free, obviously this is not a something most of those previous owners of previous versions of BFD would relish.

If someone here has a work-around, can you help?

Thanks in advance!
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

This has been mentioned in the other thread as well. I would recommend going there, it's quite active, and Amberience (Drew) from inMusic follows that one, too.

Also, I think former BFD2 users get the London Session for free (if I remember correctly) - that's the BFD2 content. Ask Drew for it via PM.

Thanks, tq! What is the other thread? Can you send a link to the other thread? I couldn't find an inMusic forum here.

This would help much. There are a ton of good sounds in the BFD2 library. If I can get inMusic's BFD 3.4 to stop asking me if I want to import the previous settings, that would be nice as well.

Thanks again, tq!

I just had a really odd thing happen: I checked my FXPansion License Manager (I do this often as I own several FXPansion applications) and BFD3 had an upgrade offered: BFD3.1.3.33. I clicked the install button and my inMusic BFD 3.4 reverted back to FXPansion BFD3.3.1.33 without any issues at all. I can't see the free expansion ("Metal Snares") I received after migrating to inMusic, but other than that, everything else is fine and I can access all my BFD1 and BFD2. I'm not sure at all what this means. I guess some good questions would be: if inMusic does own BFD3, can I run my FXPansion and inMusic versions on the same machine somehow? Will one upgrade always blitz the other when I attempt it? If "London Sessions" is equivalent to the drum sets/individual drum sounds in BFD2 (and I can DL this), is there something that is similar for the BFD1?

The Eldorado pack is the BFD1 library iirc

Thanks, Shawn! I've PMed Drew about this and hope to hear back from him soon. The really odd thing is that FXPansion License Manager reinstalled BFD3.3.1.33. That was weird and unexpected.

Dlandis, you probably used the older License manager, there is a new one v3.0.0.15 if I'm not mistaken.
Also I was in contact with BFD support and they gave me "London sessions" free that is the BFD 2 content replacement.
The only thing I'm missing now is the "BFD2 greatest hits " replacement.

Return to “FXpansion”