Kosmology (Awakenings) not in sync with Cubase Pro 10

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!
I've took part in this great group buy and now playing with my new toys and figuring out what I can get as a bonus.
I've taken Kosmology - Awakenigs but I can't get it in sync with Cubase Pro 10. Other instruments like Magic Thread or Synthetic are running smoothly.
So is there anything to consider with Kosmology or an option to select? The sounds start also with a latency when played with the keyboard via Midi. And once it crashed Cubase also (crash dump available).
Kosmology version v1.491 used like described.
I run hundreds of Plugins.
PC Win 10 64 bit /Cubase Pro 10/Kontakt 5 full latest version

Thanks for support
Harry
Cubase Pro 12 - WIN10 - Soniccore XITE-1

Hi Harry,

It seems you have the old .nkr file, the crashing was an issue with an Instrument setting which was fixed a few years ago. I've just uploaded all of the Kosmology and Multiverse Releases so that they have the update integrated, and so it's no longer necessary to manually update. Just re-download.

I've tested here on C10 and there's no issues with lag and it's looping correctly. Try the new download and let me know :)

https://youtu.be/BqMpXcwLBbQ

Hi!
Sorry. Nothing changed. The kosmology.nkr which you updated was exactly the same that I had already (anyway I've downloaded it and copied it over the other). Could you playback the preset with click or bassdrum from another instrument please. Kosmology is not in time. It's behind. There's a delay. It doesn't start initially. Is there an offset or something?
Thanks
Harry

P.S. Kosmology is great. Have to get more soundsets. But please try to find out what's the matter. Thx

Well the crashes were about the instrument file, in the Instrument Options/DFD there is a setting called:

"Allow Instant Playback for Samples which are not loaded yet" This must be set to off. Ive checked it in the re-uploaded version and it's set correctly but check anyway. Crashes by KScript are extremely rare, this one took a few years to track down as I couldn't reproduce it until I found a machine that did it. It's a machine specific Kontakt bug. If you do get a crash, please write down what you did that led to it.

I've just tried in C10 and you are right, it's a step late, sorry I didn't check that. I only upgraded to 10 a few days ago. I've checked it in 9.5 and it works fine so something has changed in 10. I'll see if I can figure out what could be causing it. It's always been necessary for a few DAWs especially Cubase to add a slight ms latency to the script clock inputs. It's probably something to do with that because moving all notes 1 full step early corrects it.

Well I've been trying to get to the bottom of it all night and I've ended up rewriting the way it responds to clock messages completely. It's a beta as I'll now have to make sure it still works in other DAWs too. If you could try it and let me know if it's working tightly that would be great.

Whilst DAW is unloaded replace the kosmology.nkr and delete the kosmology.nkc.

Kosmology-beta.rar

Hi!

I've loaded the beta and it sounds good now - tight! Yeah!
Thanks for the effort. Great work!
Now I will select some more bonuses :)
I start to fall in love with Kosmology :o

Cheers
Harry

Great news Harry, thanks for your help and pointing it out. Should be good until Cubase 11 :)

I'll get them all updated later this afternoon. They seem to still work well in other DAWs too.

One more question. Multiverse is based on the same .nkr?

It is yes. It's a bit confusing but they were separate product lines and each release ended up having the other scripted Instrument added as a bonus later on. It seemed to be a shame not to utilize the samples in both ways. But it does make it complicated to understand unfortunately... It was many years ago now.

So as a result, the Kosmology Instruments included in Multiverse Releases don't have their own presets, just the basic Instrument itself. However they can load any other presets. If you have multiple releases they are all designed to be extracted to a single same folder, say yes to any file replace messages. This will then merge them all together so they all share the same Preset folder. Then you can load access all Kosmology Presets from any Instrument but obviously they sound different due to the different samples used.

Presets are generic for Multiverse as it's main emphasis was about Randomizing unique presets which from memory it does really well.

Ok. Clear now. Thanks!

Could you check Multiverse --> Arps --> 008.nka, 09.nka, 010.nka in case of timing please.

muswellhillbilly wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:58 pm Could you check Multiverse --> Arps --> 008.nka, 09.nka, 010.nka in case of timing please.
It will have to next week, feel free to remind me if I forget!

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”