Questions & requests about Black Magic and Introjector

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What about an preference\option to normalize the samples?
A boost button is good until you end up with a kit containing loud and quiet samples.
In my own use, I haven't ever noticed that BM is any quieter than other Vsts.

All samples already are normalized on load.

The boost will just be for the master output, interesting that you don't find it quiet...

I guess I don't usually run it alongside other vsts now that I think about it, I'll have to check it out.

Astralp wrote:well, I'll just be adding a button to boost, and then the master control can be used to change the volume
A boost button on the master control sounds great :)

And yes, alongside other modern vst's BM can be a bit quiet now (at least for me), and even when a kit is at "normal" volume strenght, it would be interesting for instance to boost the volume up to give it more punch on base drums, snares, low toms, etc while setting the volume down again to normal for some parts like hihats, cymbals, high toms, etc. :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie, I just thought, have you tried turning the limiter off on the master page? Does that make a difference?

Astralp wrote:Nielzie, I just thought, have you tried turning the limiter off on the master page? Does that make a difference?
Yes it's off, but turning it on and off again does not make that much difference actually.

Andy, I have experimented some more on the volume settings of BM and samples, and I guess that the overall volume is not that bad afterall. It does not seem really a problem when I look at it now. I guess some of the kits and kit volume settings differ from each other and I was concluding too fast that it was a "problem" in the output of BM itself. And there do not seem to be other users with the problem so it must be me lol :lol: So you really should let it be the way it is now and concentrate on more important things for development.

Thanks anyway and sorry to bother :)

OK, I may add it anyway though, can't do any harm :)

Andy, in BM, what do you think about adding left/right-clicking to the 'LCD - Section - Sample name' to be able to choose a sample on the fly from the selected bank. We can already can do this with banks if you click on the 'LCD - Section - Kit name'. Not a biggie but for the sake of convenience and coherence. :)

(Reason for edit: Left AND right click works on the bank name. Guess I'm a right-clicker.)

Andy, could you also add a sort of alarm clock feature on which we can set a bedtime alarm? Everytime I play with BM I'm having so much fun that I totally forget to go to bed on a normal time. I'm loosing to much sleep :zzz: :help:

Or maybe an integrated world clock too, so I can see what time it is in Honolulu when I shape my beats. Always interesting to know of course 8)

:clown:

hehe - no problem :) weather conditions as well?

jensa wrote:Andy, in BM, what do you think about adding left/right-clicking to the 'LCD - Section - Sample name' to be able to choose a sample on the fly from the selected bank. We can already can do this with banks if you click on the 'LCD - Section - Kit name'. Not a biggie but for the sake of convenience and coherence. :)

(Reason for edit: Left AND right click works on the bank name. Guess I'm a right-clicker.)
Not sure what you mean here, firstly unfortunately I have no access to right clicks, and if I understand correctly that is what left clicks should do for all samples and banks? sorry Jens maybe I'm missing something? :help:

I'll look into it later though, I'm on a big push to get Introjector finished right now, life has been invasive lately, I'm on the battle path as I speak!

Andy

nevermind, thought this was a fr thread.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Hi Andy, when clicking the "record" knob in Introjector, it only records sequence 1-2, maybe I'm the only one having this problem. Thx.

Hi Zen

Because it records loops out, it is a bit more complex than BM, the recorder has to sync to one of the sequencers to use as start and finish, by default this is sequence 1, but you can select which one in the option to the left of the record button. Also bear in mind that Record Bars is multiples of whatever size the current Record sequence is set to, so if it was just set to 16 beats, the 2 bars would equal 32 beats. Sequence 1 by default is set to 32 always, I thought it would be best for people to get used to using this as the master, but who knows :)

hope that helps!

Andy

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”