Synthetic clock/timing issues

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just playing with Synthetic for the first time, in Cubase 10 with K6 and the loops are not sounding tight to the clock: it's not an eigth or sixteenth or anything, just a looseness that becomes more obvious as you add other things to the track.

Also loops get stuck on very often, so that when I stop Cubase, Synthetic keeps playing, which makes it rather unusable because even a MIDI reset doesn't fix it !

I see you had some issues with Kosmology in C10 .. have you checked Synthetic because I think something's not right.

Ahhh.... it's not just Synthetic. All of your loop/arp libraries are loose: leave them running for a few minutes against a metronome and it's not good:( I checked them in C9.5 and K5 but they're just as bad. The timing seems to be marginally different every time - really inconsistent :(

Sorry for the delay, Cubase 10 has changed something in the way clocks work. I'll look into it but I actually rewrote Kosmology to work the same way as the modern scripts so I'm surprised by this. Its frustrating because every other DAW behaves correctly...

I wont have a chance until next week to put any time into it, but I will see what I can do.

I have the same problem in C9.5 though ....

Yes, it was actually a different problem and it’s a tricky one. Just spent today working on it and I think it’s ok now. There’s a random latency between note on and clock pulses which is probably down to the block size. I’ve compensated as much as possible and you should find it tight enough now hopefully.

I’ve updated all instruments in Guitar Collection, Synthetic and Bass Collection which are ready for download. Let me know how you find them now :)

Thanks. I see that Synthetic and Guitar Collection has been updated (according to file timestamp ... I haven't tested in Kontakt yet) but Bass Collection v1.01 don't seem to have changed since January '19 .... or is timestamp misleading ?

I did update, the previous was v1.0 so it looks right, the manuals include a changelog which lists the current versions.

Exactly - in th Guitar Collection manuals, the changelog says you rewrote the clock code, and those Kontakt files are dated this week, but in the Bass Collection manuals there is no mention of clock code in the changelog and the files are all from January not this week .... it's not very clear.

I've re-uploaded, it should be ok now.

OK, so I shall test them as soon as I can. Do you plan on fixing the other affected libraries too ? Are you waiting for me to confirm it's working for me too, before you update them ?

I didn’t get a notification of this, just seen, I didn’t find any issues with other GB instruments, which in particular?

I just tried to use Circular and had exactly the same kind of timing issues as reported in this thread with other libraries of yours. Can you apply the same fix to Circular (and the other libraries that have ARPs or sequencers) ?

Just checked: Cassetto, Multiverse and Airtones also have the same timing issue as Circular. Tessellate & Synthetic seemed fine but only if you always start from beat 1: if you start a track from anywhere else it's completely out of sync and it has the same issue of sometimes just playing in a loop even when Cubase is stopped and there is no MIDI trigger.

Is this in Cubase 10? I’m sure I confirmed Cassetto, Multiverse etc.. as working correctly. I will have a look in a few days time.

Yes - I'm running Cubase 10.0.50 with Kontakt 6.2.1

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”