couple questions about Serenity and Kinetic

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there, love these instruments!

I see in Kinetic that it shows the selected patch name at the top of the screen, but I can't find the current patch name anywhere in Serenity. Is it there somewhere?

Also, I'd really like to be able to map the "R" random buttons, but when I try to learn a CC, it shows that the button learned it, but it has no effect. In Bitwig, the random parameters does not show up in the Bitwig device parameter list like most of the other parameters do.

Also, wondering if Program Change messages could work in changing presets? I doubt it, but though I'd ask just in case.

Thank you!

Greg

There isn't an info display in Serenity I'm afraid. it doesn't store the name, just informs you that you just loaded it, but it still remains highlighted in the File Browser anyway so it's a bit pointless really. The info display is more about displaying control values, but Ive stopped using it so much as I prefer to use controls with actual numbers instead :)

I have left the Random buttons that way intentionally to be honest, if you are recording automation if would be very easy to create unintentional chaos otherwise. I'll think about it though. What did you have in mind, usage wise?

as far as I know, Kontakt doesn't support Program changes at all.

sorry for all the negative answers!

Astralp wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:13 pm There isn't an info display in Serenity I'm afraid. it doesn't store the name, just informs you that you just loaded it, but it still remains highlighted in the File Browser anyway so it's a bit pointless really. The info display is more about displaying control values, but Ive stopped using it so much as I prefer to use controls with actual numbers instead :)

I have left the Random buttons that way intentionally to be honest, if you are recording automation if would be very easy to create unintentional chaos otherwise. I'll think about it though. What did you have in mind, usage wise?

as far as I know, Kontakt doesn't support Program changes at all.

sorry for all the negative answers!
O, not at all! Thanks for the info. Yeh, the patch names are highlighted until you change folders, then the name of the current selection gets lost. No big deal. Easy to get in the habit of noticing before switching.

I had some luck playing and randomizing manually at the same time. Some really interesting improv happenings. But what I'd really like is to be able to switch presets on the fly. But what I love most are the artifacts when you switch presets and the engine keeps going. I also really love when you switch presets and the parameters are interpolated with the new preset. Like with some of Ohmforce's instruments. They also have a speed switch for this preset morphing.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”