User wavs?

Official support for: audjoo.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Jonas
Would it be possible in a future update of Helix to add support for Helix to recognise userwavs placed in a subfolder of the cycles folder?

I suppose the "cycles" folder are the right one, it does include waveforms but still the manual is referring to a "waves" folder. Is this just a typo in the manual?
User Waveforms
Custom waveforms (singe cycle) are also
possible. In the folder "waves" you can
place loopable 8/16/24/32-bit MONO WAV
files, no larger than 4096 samples.

Aha...ha.. :oops:
Yeah...it's a typo alright. :dog:

That reminds me, I still have to finish my alternative version of the manual.

!!!!!!

But yes, basically you place all WAV files inside the CYCLES folder, and it will be seen by Helix on next load.

Limeflavour wrote:Hi Jonas
Would it be possible in a future update of Helix to add support for Helix to recognise userwavs placed in a subfolder of the cycles folder?
It would be possible, but I don't think it's very likely... there are so many other things I would like to do first... I'll keep it in mind though...

Sounds like a good idea for sometime, especially if someone wanted to stick e.g. all the Galbanum waves in there -- better to have them organized in subfolders.
5 twelve

It would be definitely nice to implement better waveform navigator with sub levels etc. I just dropped all my 4396 waveforms to cycles folder and tried to run the synth. It crashed my host (Live).
you can't stop what can't be stopped

Wait for the next update. ;)

Limeflavour wrote:Hi Jonas
Included in the update, just for you :)

Man tackar så mkt! :)
Flavours of Lime - Tasty gui design for vst plugins.

Speaking of user wavs. The only problem is the load time. It takes about a minute for Helix to load when there are 100s of waveforms in that folder.

If there was some way to load folders of waveforms through a menu command (on demand) within Helix that would be ideal.

Any chance of that happening in the future?

digitalrust wrote:Speaking of user wavs. The only problem is the load time. It takes about a minute for Helix to load when there are 100s of waveforms in that folder.

If there was some way to load folders of waveforms through a menu command (on demand) within Helix that would be ideal.

Great idea, just thought about it the other day myself... will be in the next update...

JonasNorberg wrote:
digitalrust wrote:Speaking of user wavs. The only problem is the load time. It takes about a minute for Helix to load when there are 100s of waveforms in that folder.

Great idea, just thought about it the other day myself... will be in the next update...
Actually, I'm testing with over 2000 files in my cycles folder and it takes about two seconds to open Helix.

digitalrust wrote:Try 25,000 files and see ;-)

http://www.galbanum.com/products/archit ... forms2010/
I did and it worked fine. 2 seconds or less for me :)

What WOULD be neat however is if the folder, when placed in "cycles", branches out to other sub folders. The galbanum kit in itself is so large that it has dozens of folders, making it awkward to scroll slowly downward. Mouse wheel scrolling would be a just as acceptable alternative.

Btw, I started the folder name with the letter "z" to put it furthest down, to separate it from the built in folders :)

Return to “Audjoo”