Question: Temposynced LFO speed and modmatrix measurement

Official support for: audjoo.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jonas,

I'm attempting to do some wacky rhyhtm stuff combining the sequencer and the LFO, however I'm having trouble determining values to keep the rhythm synchronized when changing temposynced LFO speed.

Do you happen to know from the top of your head the number in the matrix that equates to exactly half a wavelength/double period? (for LFO-SPD)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it! It's 32! EXCELLENT. :D (I love trial and error)

Oh yeah!!

EDIT: Actually now that I've tried it, I think there's a desynchronizing problem, unless the number's not correct to begin with...

Here's a test preset:
http://djtbmx.soulbreakers.com/junkpile ... quence.hxp
http://djtbmx.soulbreakers.com/junkpile ... uence2.hxp
The kick sound is fine. The sine isn't.

MaliceX wrote:Jonas,

I'm attempting to do some wacky rhyhtm stuff combining the sequencer and the LFO, however I'm having trouble determining values to keep the rhythm synchronized when changing temposynced LFO speed.
Interesting... after looking at the patches there's a few things going on...

1. It's actually 127, 63.5 or 31.750 that are the even divisions... burr, sorry about that
2. it's harder that you'd think to keep independent lfos synced up... slowing down the "slaved lfo" can make it not end up on an "even beat", when you change the speed again and it'll be out of sync...

[edit]The "running" kick is awesome![/edit]

Jonas

Ahhh I see I see. Thanks for the response. Yeah I thought it would be a great challenge to get this kind of thing happening. Thanks for the exact numbers though. :D

EDIT: FINALLY got perfect keytracking on LFOs! (ie: every 12 steps=half wavelength)

Source for destinations below: KBD1

Destinations:
LFO1/2/3/4/G1/G2-SPD 127
LFO1/2/3/4/G1/G2-SPD 127
LFO1/2/3/4/G1/G2-SPD 80

Theoretically this also means LFO as non-anti-aliased pitch oscs, :D

Return to “Audjoo”