(2013-08-06) New Helix Update (64bit, optimizations, more presets)

Official support for: audjoo.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

still not sure if i should buy the synth! thanks for the update! 8)

cheers for the 64bit update!
I dont know, man...I just got here meself!

Great to see a 64 bit version :) I had put of considering Helix, as I was under the impression that this wasn't going to happen, so now trying Helix out!! (and loving it sound!)

Suffered one slight glitch in Cubase 7 64 bit on Windows 7, where Helix kept playing, but the graphics in Cubase froze - so no transport bar working etc., but Helix still working fine!! :o Closed that project down OK, (Project window and Helix window appeared to shut down,) and left with blank Cubase window. Decided to try loading a previous project (without Helix in it) to check Cubase now working OK, but no sound and everything seemed to then freeze (couldn't shut Cubase down). Opened Task manager and it showed Cubase and Helix (still) running, killed the Helix process and Cubase shut down as well. All fine when re-booted and tried again. Hope it helps to pass the information on. :)

:love: thank you...will try it today evening.

audjoo_helix2013-08-08-MacInstaller fails Logic 9.1.8 32-bit AU validation and Helix doesn't show up at all in either the AU or VST folders for Live 9.0.5 64-bit.

Didn't try Logic 9.1.8 64-bit or Logic X since it failed 32-bit validation. I'm upgrading from a previous version of Helix. The license code is in the folder created by earlier version of Helix in the Component/VST folders.

zqxwcevr wrote:audjoo_helix2013-08-08-MacInstaller fails Logic 9.1.8 32-bit AU validation and Helix doesn't show up at all in either the AU or VST folders for Live 9.0.5 64-bit.

Didn't try Logic 9.1.8 64-bit or Logic X since it failed 32-bit validation. I'm upgrading from a previous version of Helix. The license code is in the folder created by earlier version of Helix in the Component/VST folders.
This might be if you had an old version of helix installed. I would recommend the following steps: (sorry for not making this automatic btw.)

1. Remove old audjoo_helix (probably in "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components", "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST")
2. Install new version
3. Put back license file (if you have one)

That fixed it. Confirmed that Helix is now working in all Logic/Live environments. Thanks.

JonasNorberg wrote:This might be if you had an old version of helix installed. I would recommend the following steps
I tried these steps too, re-downloaded the installer as well just to make sure.
Helix shows up in the AU Plug-ins of my Live 9.0.5 64bit but not in the VST ones.
It shows up on both AU and VST on the 32-bit version of Live, still 9.0.5.

maido wrote:
JonasNorberg wrote:This might be if you had an old version of helix installed. I would recommend the following steps
Helix shows up in the AU Plug-ins of my Live 9.0.5 64bit but not in the VST ones.
Just tried in 9.0.4 (64bit), and I see both the vst and AU version just fine.

It sounds to me like you are still able to use the AU version in 64 bit? (Ableton recommend the 32-bit version) My guess is that an "old" version of helix is lingering somewhere and being picked up by your host. Try using "spotlight" to find all versions (search for audjoo_helix.component or audjoo_helix.vst).

JonasNorberg wrote:
maido wrote:
Just tried in 9.0.4 (64bit), and I see both the vst and AU version just fine.

It sounds to me like you are still able to use the AU version in 64 bit? (Ableton recommend the 32-bit version) My guess is that an "old" version of helix is lingering somewhere and being picked up by your host. Try using "spotlight" to find all versions (search for audjoo_helix.component or audjoo_helix.vst).
I did check I had nothing else with a "find" from the terminal, I deleted everything, installed from scratch, added back presets I made and the license file, and now it works fine, shrug, but hey it's all good, thanks for your help :)

Really freat news! Too bad, I'm broke ATM :(

Now there is one more good suggestion for anyone looking for 64bit Sylenth replacement.

Thank You! Amazing synth! Most used by me
Cheers! :D

Hi Jonas, nice to see you're still working on Helix and great update with the waveshaper.

Does this mean there may be a possibility to increasing the morph transition wavetable array to a higher resolution in the future, instead of 64?

Hello

I need a little help. Installed new version of Helix on my PC (win7, 32bits) and now I have two versions of Helix (probably because I have two dll on the folder, the old one and the 32 one). The problem is, the if I open the 32 bits version, it says its a trial version. If I open the old one, then I see the registration and my email (and the 2009 date). If I remove the old dll, I have only the new one, saying its a trial.

I've deleted the folder and copied the new ones instead (just saved the old dll just in case).

How to proceed?

Thanks,

{}Overtake

Return to “Audjoo”