Could be the answer to simpler routing in Cantabile?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seen this? Ten minutes and I'm already seeing this as a major productivity booster.

http://www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=3

If you like this, you should like this too:

http://www.plogue.com/products/bidule/

and much more powerful this one is :wink:

yes, bidule is great.
this thing that just came across my radar might just be low profile enough to fit a specific niche though.

Cheap too. :-)

Well, I suggested better gui dialogues for audio routing already a long time ago. Nothing happened... gui work can be very much effort in contradicition to simple standard list dialogues...

I think Cantabile is sitting in between several chairs also. It isn't really a fully modular performance system - in the sense I interpret that for live use - as you can't change structure within a session seamalessly, you need to load another session which interrupts audio flow. To be honest, I havend seen any system yet that can really reconfigure seanlessly. And if something close is possible it's far from beein easy to setup and use...

Finally I admit I have no serious hope Brad's coming back to introduce something new with Cantabils... it's as good or as bad as it is. :?
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...

I know - it's all pretty much ground to a halt. It's been months since the teaser videos and the real heavyweight items like easier to handle audio routing and MRT housekeeping are still nothing more than wishes.

I have found one quite useful benefit from this DDMF and it's that I can transfer entire setups between Cantabile and my DAW. Some guitar setups are using more than 50% CPU at low latency. Now I can monitor via Cantabile at low latency and then import the entire DDMF into Nuendo and immediately freeze.

Makes working between two incompatible systems much easier.

Still liking this.
The other day I needed to split the outputs of a sampler plugin for different treatments and was jumping through the usual Cantabile hoops and finally said, screw it, let's try DDMF Metaplugin. Had it running in a minute with a way easier interface. This thing is an excellent tool and definitely gives a shot in the arm to the less than stellar area of Cantabile's built in routing.

Return to “Topten Software”