Managing Setlists and Subsesions

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello.

I don't know if understand how the seltlist function works.
For example: (2 Songs with different Sounds)

Song 1 > Subsession 1 Piano
> Subsession 2 Strings
> Subsession 3 Organ

Song 2 > Subsession 1 Acoustic Guitar
> Subsession 2 Piano

I can organize the sounds so that the subsessions will be switched correclty. Good! :D
But... how can I change the order/sequence of the songs???

In this example I want to play Song 2 and after that I want to play Song 1.
It seems that I have to move ALL setlist items? Which means I have to move
Subsession 1 Piano down to the end of the list, then move Subsession 2 String down to the end of the list, then move Subsession 3 Organ down to the list?

That seems to be complicated to me. And if I put one subsession to the wrong sequence I will have problems during the gig. :wink:

Iam looking for a way where I just need to move ONE songame to the right sequence. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Roelli.

In my setlist, I have one song per line. The subsession field just nominates the subsession you want to load first when you load a new song. Once I'm in a song, I have buttons on my midi controller that change between subsessions. When I want the next song, I press the "Next" button (to the left of the Subsessions button), and that will load my second song.

Hope that helps!

Thanks. Makes sense. :D
That makes it much more comfortable to manage the setlist (with just one song per line in the setlist manager)

I thought about how I could save some diskspace and how to organize things...
What do you do if you have 10 Songs with Piano, Strings and Organ... (just 3 exactly the same Sounds) but the order of the Instruments needs to be different...?
Does it mean that you have to make 30 Subsessions for 10 Songs and recall the first Instrument of the three instruments? (even if I would just need 3 different Sounds)

I made a screenshot where Iam using two songs with 2 sounds in a different order:

I guess the best idea is to put the song name into the subsession name as well, and I should never touch any of the existing subsessions once the setup for a songs is correct.

Thanks! :tu:

Roelli.

Return to “Topten Software”