Mdrummer Small installation issues

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
V'ger
KVRAF
3914 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:36 pm

Was eager to try Mdrummer Small, but get this when loading the DAW after install: (XP 32, Dual Core 3.2, 3GB RAM)

And this when exiting:

It loads and run fine in Savihost, but tries to load a browser and connect to the internet immediately after load! What's that all about?

Could the Reaper issues be because it's set to block internet and external program open and Mdrummer Small will not work otherwise?

Some other things:

- During install i get an option to check for updates, but even when unchecked it tries to load a browser and connect to the internet anyway?

- During install I get an option to set the installation folder, yet it ignores that and makes the installation in a subfolder beneath that anyway?

- During uninstall it tries to connect to the internet? I could see no request for permission?

MeldaProduction
KVRAF
11397 posts since 15 Mar, 2008 from Czech republic

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi,

I'll check, but I have no reports of problems in Reaper. Aren't you using 64-bit Reaper with 32-bit MDrummer or vice versa.

About the installer problems - I'll check them out. Anyway it may create a subfolder, just in case, this is always better than relying on user's competence. And the uninstaller connects just to report the "reason for uninstallation". If it would perform some dangerous action or something that would provide any user-specific data, that would ask of course.
Vojtech - MeldaProduction

V'ger
KVRAF
3914 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:20 pm

No 32 bit both. And it loads and works fine in Savihost like I said. The main difference between Savihost and Reaper is that Reaper is set by the firewall to block opening external programs and internet connections, which I thought might be a likely cause for the trouble seeing how eager Mdrummer Small is to get online and open a browser. Maybe it's even set to refuse start (and proper exit) unless this is allowed?

About paths and user competence, why do you give a choice if people can't be expected to know where to install it? Imo it's also slightly strange to think people are so thick they don't know where to install the program when the program itself is pretty complex to use..

MeldaProduction
KVRAF

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:08 pm

I'll check Reaper, but so far it seems working fine. I don't think it should be related to internet connection at all, but will check.

With the installation paths - well, honestly, I don't think it's such a big deal if it is a directory below. In all cases better than a level up.

TimothyV
KVRer
1 posts since 1 Jan, 2012

Post Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:50 am

I'm planning to download MDrummer Small as well as some other plugins to use in Sonar X1. However, when using Sonar I have to disable the network adapter or I get playback problems. Do these plugins always attempt an internet connection and will that be a problem for me?

MeldaProduction
KVRAF

Post Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:03 pm

TimothyV wrote:I'm planning to download MDrummer Small as well as some other plugins to use in Sonar X1. However, when using Sonar I have to disable the network adapter or I get playback problems. Do these plugins always attempt an internet connection and will that be a problem for me?
Well, I believe there are 2 cases the plugins access the internet -
1) as demoes/free versions they open the internet browser with the homepage sometimes.
2) online preset exchange - I believe it is now disabled by default, but if not, you can disable it in settings.

Return to “MeldaProduction”