Q: Multiband .. Multi-output ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just musing ....

Would anyone find it useful if the audio in the different bands in the Multiband plug-ins were routed to separate stereo outputs?

if so, how would you use it?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Essentially you can use the surround functionality for this.

-Use MXXX.
-Ensure it's set to process in surround (Settings).
-Change the processing mode from L&R to 7.1 in the same place you'd set up Mid/Side processing.
-Either use the crossover module or the global crossovers (at the top left) to set up the number of bands.
-On each band, place a channel matrix module.
-Use the module to redirect the sound from the L/R input to the desired output (e.g. 5 &6).

I do a lot of work in surround, Melda plugs are awesome for surround work :)

Yes! I talked to a developer some time ago. He said this will never happen, cause this would make any multiband plugin obsolete!

Just buy 1, "bypass" the processing, route the output and use any single band fx. This way you could easily make every plugin an multiband plugin. So the (commercial) plugin industry would destroy a big part of itself :roll:
Last edited by Soundplex on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oops - my twisted mind hadn't thought of that.
;)

Back to MXXX, then.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

If I recall correctly, surround formats were discontinued on the AAX version of Melda plugs, because the upmixing entries overpopulated the plug-in list... I wonder if this will get fixed at some point.
Desktop: Win 7 Pro SP1 | i7 960 (4 cores 3.2 GHz) | 16 GB RAM | GTX470 | SSD boot plus 3x HDDs
Laptop: Win 8.1 | i7 4710HQ (4 cores 2.5 GHz)| 16 GB RAM | GTX850m | SSD boot plus one HDD

DarkStar, that won't happen. Partly because it would make the plugins slightly obsolete, but mainly because almost no hosts support multiout...

mesaone: Yeah, well, that's ProTools... I asked them many times and they are unable to do a submenues, which is about 10 minutes of work for an average programmer... And some stubborn users even dared to complain "it is a problem in the plugins"... so... AAX doesn't even support stereo sidechains...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:mesaone: Yeah, well, that's ProTools... I asked them many times and they are unable to do a submenues, which is about 10 minutes of work for an average programmer... And some stubborn users even dared to complain "it is a problem in the plugins"... so... AAX doesn't even support stereo sidechains...
:lol: I think you may be referring to me when you reference "stubborn users." I was pointing out that other plug-ins don't encounter the same issue, so I thought placing all the blame on Pro Tools wasn't accurate. Submenus would be nice, but then again so would a selection of surround-enabled Melda AAX without an excess of upmix configurations in the list - but I do agree that Pro Tools needs subcategories for mono-to-surround and stereo-to-surround, just like they already have for mono-to-stereo.
Desktop: Win 7 Pro SP1 | i7 960 (4 cores 3.2 GHz) | 16 GB RAM | GTX470 | SSD boot plus 3x HDDs
Laptop: Win 8.1 | i7 4710HQ (4 cores 2.5 GHz)| 16 GB RAM | GTX850m | SSD boot plus one HDD

:D ups :D. I'm overly honest as usual :D. Anyway it's indeed all on ProTools I'm afraid. The plugin cannot do anything about it, it's the host, that defines the (very bad in this case) workflow. The plugins can just limit the features, as we were forced to. Not that it would be something supernecessary, I mean how often you do 2->5.1 expansion for example, but still, all just because they cannot implement a simple menu, that's just sad... But they don't care as long as they earn lots of money :D (which I just don't get how is possible :D ).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:DarkStar, that won't happen. Partly because it would make the plugins slightly obsolete, but mainly because almost no hosts support multiout...
Ah, found this thread while wanting to ask this same thing, so apologies for the "slight" old thread bumpage. I find this answer rather strange, as practically all hosts support multiple outputs? I was contemplating on purchasing a mrhythmizermb license, and while demoing it, I wondered whether different bands could be routed to individual outputs. Turns out, they can't :), and that's fine -- but I just had to comment on this. Multiple outputs has been a very common thing in DAW work for many years.

simonhans73 wrote:Maybe this?
https://klevgrand.se/products/gaffel/
:love: I was looking for something like this too and this seems to be pretty easy. Did it with BlueCatAudios MB-7 until now. Mulit-out would have been great on it. I know hosts can handle instrument mutli-outs very well, but I don't know about FX multi-outs. Is this even possible?

Magnut wrote:I know hosts can handle instrument mutli-outs very well, but I don't know about FX multi-outs. Is this even possible?
Yep. Just as possible as with instruments, if an effect declares additional outputs to a host. Personally, I've been using Reaktor as a "stereo pair in -> four stereo pairs out" effect in both Live and Reaper for... the last decade or so :P

Edit: Gaffel seems nice.

Guenon wrote:
Magnut wrote:I know hosts can handle instrument mutli-outs very well, but I don't know about FX multi-outs. Is this even possible?
Yep. Just as possible as with instruments, if an effect declares additional outputs to a host. Personally, I've been using Reaktor as a "stereo pair in -> four stereo pairs out" effect in both Live and Reaper for... the last decade or so :P

Edit: Gaffel seems nice.
Thank you, didn't know that :) I'll test Gaffel then and maybe Klevgrand implements a multi-out version (if it's not already in there). But these synced instances are at least a good way of doing it.

Alternatively checkout Metaplugin from DDMF. I believe it can make any plugin a multiband plugin with multi output.

Return to “MeldaProduction”