Mixing Revolution -What is it?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It has been discussed and teased for years, making bold claims about how cumberstone mixing people work nowadays and how it will be better than everything by revolutionizing mixing. I highly doubt ever seeing something that fits those build expectations.

Maybe something compared to Neutron? Sure. Better? Meh, having seen the marketing blurb of their other plugins and what eventually has been reality, I doubt. Revolution? By far not. Will it automatically mix my songs without me doing anything? I doubt that too, so it's can't be revoltionary if I have adjust and simply mix it myself in the end.

But to be fair, we've not seen it of course. If it is the promised milestone, then kudos!

I think an "Automixer" could help a Songwriter/Band (who have no interest in mixing ) to get the demo mix of their recording to a level, where you could actually listen to it, before they send it of for mixing.
Will it replace a good mixer? I highly doubt that claim. It will be one possible mix but will it be the best one for the song? Also a perfectly balanced mix can be totally boring. This is where the taste and skill of the mixer comes into play.

Will the "Automixer" also automatically set reverb, delays, special fx?
Will it do volume rides througout the song?
Will it be able to do mix revisions to fit the artists taste?

Lots of variables go into a decent mix.

The more complex an varied a song gets the smaller is the chance that it will work (f.e.: a 9 minute
progressive rock/metal song with ever-changing arrangement and instrumentation).

I have Neutron 3 Standard but i never use the "Automix" feature. Sometimes I try it for fun on some tracks but I was never satisfied with the results. Most of the time it does to much, using all the modules in multiband mode. Also the "Sculptor" feature is to limited.
I use it mainly for the multiband gate und the multiband saturation.

like neutron, but without the AI! no automix. i don't like it. yes personal opinion. don't own neutron (yes elements, but who doesn't, all elements version, except rx7 are given away..)

i see more MMultiAnalyzer integrated in MSpectralDynamics & MAutoDynamic EQ, or all in one, or with MXXCore..
nobody knows what mixing revolution would be (yes one, or perhaps more..).

but i think, and i hope, it is the Melda way; some automatic features (MAutoDynamicEQ), o a bit automix, but mainly for starting, but mainly an overview, with MCompare integrated etc..

But that isn't the promised revolution in mixing, or is it? I think it only can lose once it is released, similar to HalfLife3 :D Too high build expectations and hype.

Gregorius wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:57 am But that isn't the promised revolution in mixing, or is it? I think it only can lose once it is released, similar to HalfLife3 :D Too high build expectations and hype.
Not really as the majority of VST users will never have heard of it.
KVR is a small proportion of the worlds' DAW users and even fewer will be aware of Melda and even fewer again aware of whats in the development pipeline.

I guess Im saying its only us few who might be affected by 'high build expectations and hype'.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I wish I could tell you, so many stuff is planned into that one, but I can't, you know ideas are what's important!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Any release date? ;-)
XARC Mastering - The Online Audio Mastering Studio
Give Your Audio The Final Polish For Success With Proven Mastering.

MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:17 pm so many stuff is planned into that one
Doesn't sound like a proper revolution to me.

A revolution has to focus on a simple idea like getting rid of the aristocracy. Don't let fancy details derail the revolution ;)

Masi

masitito wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:01 am
MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:17 pm so many stuff is planned into that one
Doesn't sound like a proper revolution to me.

A revolution has to focus on a simple idea like getting rid of the aristocracy. Don't let fancy details derail the revolution ;)

Masi
As soon as MSoundfactory, MDrummer and MMixRevolution start to communicate, we just need MSongComposer and it will change the music business as we know it... :borg: :wink:

AGIGA wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:22 am As soon as MSoundfactory, MDrummer and MMixRevolution start to communicate, we just need MSongComposer and it will change the music business as we know it... :borg: :wink:
Oh oh.

Or maybe all the plugins will imprint subliminal messages into the audio. We all get brainwashed to do away with our national governments and bow before the new global overlord Vojtech.

Masi

MNewWorldOrder?
MKUltra?

masitito wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:52 am
AGIGA wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:22 am As soon as MSoundfactory, MDrummer and MMixRevolution start to communicate, we just need MSongComposer and it will change the music business as we know it... :borg: :wink:
Oh oh.

Or maybe all the plugins will imprint subliminal messages into the audio. We all get brainwashed to do away with our national governments and bow before the new global overlord Vojtech.

Masi
Hmmm, this is finally some useful feature request! :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

So, can we get hint about when you might give us a hint about Mixing Revolution?

Hey that's my job to annoy and harp! Seriously though he did comment to me on FB saying development will start soon, so I'd imagine it's still super premature. Probably to early for even images of a GUI.
sirmonkey wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:44 am So, can we get hint about when you might give us a hint about Mixing Revolution?

sirmonkey wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:44 am So, can we get hint about when you might give us a hint about Mixing Revolution?
Nope, sorry :) . Too many ideas competition could start on ;)
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”