[noobish2] (MDrummerLarge) how does the import library work?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I plan to add the samples from battery4 to MDrummer large. But before trying to do it i would like to know a few things:

1.- What will happen with stereo samples? will they be imported correctly?
2.- Will MD keep the folder structure inside the directory of battery4 samples library? the desired for me is that it keeps the folders on the tree structure of the imported library, is that possible?
3.- Will it create duplicates elsewhere than the original Battery4 factory library samples folder? or will it read the samples from their original folder?

Thanks, any info is welcome!

1. No problem of course.

2. I'm not sure what you mean - if you just want to use the samples from battery, you can just drag & drop them into MDrummer.

3. No, unless you copy them themselves.

I'd also recommend using the Menu / Analyze and import sample library, that can save you hell of a lot of time and get you some potentially creative stuff ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

2. I'm not sure what you mean - if you just want to use the samples from battery, you can just drag & drop them into MDrummer.
I plan to use the Analize and import, from the MDrummer menu.

I mean in the resulting item of the tree view control of the sample browser, will there be "nodes" for the folders, like creating "nodes" or child folders/nodes for every category folder inside the samples directory of battery 4?

Dunno if i'm explaining myself.

Will try to explain better in this edit of the post:

I mean, in the battery4 samples folder there are several folder organizing the samples, which in turn, have other sub-folders for the kind of sample. Will this structure be kept in MDrummer large if I import them pointing the analizer and import feature to the b4 samples directory, into "nodes" in the tree view sample browser in MD for the subfolders inside the battery4 samples folder?

Just try drag & dropping a sample onto a drum pad on the Quick setup or directly in the Drumset editor. The MSampler will of course have a folder tree. You don't need to use the sample library analyzer if you plan to select samples yourself actually.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

but if i actually do (use the analize and import) will the "nodes" be created in the MD sample browser? corresponding to the organization folders inside the samples directory of battery4 factory library? for example: Snare, HiHat etc... folders

(we are talking of importing like 10k samples at once)

They way it works is that it's highly keyword oriented. Because mdrummer supports so many different hit types, you can customize the definitions of sounds that can be placed on any hit by using keywords.
eg. Cowbell, cow, CB, bell, cwbl, etc..

thanks sampliist, but that doesn't answer my question!

Have a read of this topic I posted some time ago.
viewtopic.php?f=138&t=447827&p=6262813& ... t#p6262813

Analyse and import doesn't actually 'import' (copy/move) samples. It creates drumset files which read from the original sample locations.
I haven't done this much but would suggest starting by selecting a small library or section of a library, then seeing what happens. If you analyse an enormous library the results could be confusing and not very useful...start with a manageable chunk of stuff. Think of it as MD creating various intelligent permutations of a set of samples. I'm not sure what you mean by 'nodes' but anyway, bear in mind that MD does choose across subfolders....say you have a 'Drums' folder with subfolders 'Kick' and 'Snare', then point MD at 'Drums', it will analyse and make permutations of the samples in the 'Kick' and 'Snare' subfolders.
Hope this helps a bit and let us know how it's going.

with nodes i meant expandable items in the tree view sample browser (ideally the original subfolders on the library i want to import). What do you mean with make permutations?

Grunwaldt wrote:with nodes i meant expandable items in the tree view sample browser (ideally the original subfolders on the library i want to import). What do you mean with make permutations?
Ok, nodes, yes. After doing the analyse/import thing do this: Drumset Editor> Load> Imported (this folder is created when you first do this analyse/import thing)> now choose one of the created kits in the panel on the right> now you'll see your nodes in the sample browser. Click on each drumtype in the Drum List and see in the browser which samples are being targeted.
By permutations I mean different combinations.
Sorry to not reply earlier, I've been out.
Hope this helps.
Note that the 'imported' folder created as above in the Drumset Editor>Load screen does not appear in the Quick Setup Selector until you re-start MD.
Last edited by goldglob on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Will i have to do this for all the samples, not sure if i get you. Will the nodes be created and reflect the folder and subfolders of the original imported library automatically?

I don't want it to create kits, just import the samples.

I just want the sample browser to retain the folder and subfolder structure in form of nodes.

Thanks for your patience goldglob!

"Will i have to do this for all the samples"... you just do the analyse process once for whatever chunk of samples you choose.
You could, in the analyse procedure, choose the whole Battery library (top level node) and see what happens....you'll probably end up with hundreds of created kits that use samples from all your subfolders in your Battery library....but that might be too random...but say you wanted just interesting new brushes kits: then just point the analyser at the brushes folder (if there is one..I don't know Battery)...you'll get some interesting permutations of the samples within that brushes folder (and any subfolders).
"Will the nodes be created and reflect the folder and subfolders of the original imported library automatically?".....yes, you'll see in the browser your hard drive folder structure homing in on the actual samples being used. You don't have to do anything in the browser, it just shows you which samples have been chosen by the analyse process...but you could of course then skip around in the browser and choose different samples manually.

Ok thanks goldglob, i would prefer no kits would be created tho... :(

I posted before reading your edit above....if you don't want to create kits like this don't use the analyse/import process.
Just set the browser to 'global' rather than 'factory', then you'll see your hard drive structure and can just choose from your Battery library manually..is this what you want?

don't know, i'm kinda confussed right now

Return to “MeldaProduction”