Preset Exchange?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You don't like the included presets? (which is actually not the topic here...)

The funny part is, if there would be no preset exchange, nobody would complaint. But it's funny, how every feature the users should be happy for can be twisted into something haters can complaint about... Very nice...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

...mmmmm...me? not so sure about all this "presets stuff". I find them useful to study for "use cases" and how/why the choices were made, to learn/understand more about what is possible. The actual application of any one plug-in is to solve a specific/particular problem at hand, so if I don't understand/realize what the problem was/is how does someone else's "preset" help me? :neutral: I seek out "tips and tricks/etc" not "presets"...jfwiw...:D.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

I'm no hater, I'm just ornery... and I see no reason not to open it up.
Seems like there are plenty users keen to provide quality presets for those
who are unable or unwilling to do it themselves. Why not let them, rather
than waste everyones time with less than steller presets submitted just
to access the good ones.

Anyway, its your company and your prerogative to do what you want.
I apologize if I've offended, its not my job to bust your balls about it.
That much is true...

-Cheers

Now, now, jmg8 quoted me and left out the part where I said I couldn't think of a better way to do it than the way it already is. Put me squarely in the non-hater non-complainer camp.

I would rather be considered in the "helpful suggestion offerer" camp.

Perhaps, Vojtech, since you mention it, maybe a handful of the more stellar user-created presets could be included with the purchase of the product. I am one of those people who likes to learn by starting with a preset, and would love to have someone else's idea of killer drum bus settings to play with, or vocal bus, or whatever.

But it doesn't matter to me, I'm going to twist up a couple of decent presets for the plug-in I bought and submit them, although I suspect that due to MModernCompressor's low popularity around here I may not get many back from the depository! My project is to try to emulate the detector response of a couple of "classic" compressors with MModern. The detector is my favorite feature of the compressor so far.

pekbro: Very well then. I'm afraid as I explained, it WAS open before and... yeah... nobody (almost) made presets. But I got dozens of support requests about "where the presets are" :D. That's why it has been closed, in the hope that people would actually contribute one single preset to get the entire database! If that's too much, then there's no help :D...

starship: MModernCompressor indeed isn't too popular. The main idea was the automatic compression, which is cool, but the truth is, in most cases people don't understand it, and in fact most people don't know what they actually want. Anyways, if you are after the "classic" stuff, check the MTurboComp:

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MTurboComp

There are the detector settings already matched, using machine learning, so most likely far more accurately than a human could do. And if you like the detector stuff in MModernCompressor, then this one will be the ultimate playground :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:
starship: MModernCompressor indeed isn't too popular. The main idea was the automatic compression, which is cool, but the truth is, in most cases people don't understand it, and in fact most people don't know what they actually want. Anyways, if you are after the "classic" stuff, check the MTurboComp:

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MTurboComp

There are the detector settings already matched, using machine learning, so most likely far more accurately than a human could do. And if you like the detector stuff in MModernCompressor, then this one will be the ultimate playground :D.
Yes, I have heard I should have bought MTurboComp instead :wink: , but when I had a little extra money, I bought MModernCompressor. I had $25 and MTurboComp cost $200. So I am making the best of my purchase.

It's good, I like MModernCompressor's cleanness. I usually just need to compress an audio track in one of 3 different basic responses, depending on source material. It is inspiring me. The classic compressors got to be that way because engineers worked with the limitations of what they could afford and so am I. If it had a MCompressor-style meter it would really be my 10/10 perfect compressor.

I know it's blasphemous, but early on in my DAW career I got weary of the "vintage warm/sparkle/mojo" pitch in compressors. I've noticed that what my ears tend to like best is the result when you and other plug-in designers apply the newer psychoacoustic research (or say you are!). So I'll take a compressor that mimics the ear's response in favor of one that tries to be an 1176, although to have both is of course not a bad thing either.

My mixes from 2 years ago are all full of these fruit salad "exciters, saturators, warmers, enhancers, spatializers" and all this, and every once in a while, just for fun I will load one of them up, rip most if not all of that stuff out and improve the mix 100% just because I now know how to properly set up compression, EQ, panning, and reverb.

In Preset Exchange news, I created my first exchange-worthy preset (a smooth LA opto type) and uploaded it, and got all 7 of the existing ones back. 6 of them were fine, but one of them was "Extreme Fast," and that was just a copy of the "Extreme Fast" factory preset. So someone's a cheater!

You have a great attitude towards mixing. Correctly using and understanding the tools you have and not getting tempted by "a better plugin will make it sound better"
I also don't really subscribe to the whole vintage thing either. I would also rather psychoacoustic stuff over trying to accurately emulate the imperfections of the past.

I have uploaded a preset to the exchange called "Super Glue" where I have experimented with an auto threshold. It is meant for bus compression.

Also I will ask Vojtech for the meter to be added, he might say no but its worth a try, right?

Anyhow your purchases will be much appreciated and I hope you slowly build up your Melda tools and thoroughly learn them as you go.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

About the MTurboComp and vintage compressors - personally I'm "into the future" guy as well. But for sound sculpting (mainly drums) they actually do a great job, which is a bit hard to do with a generalized clean compressor. But for overall processing and dynamic reduction, I'd definitely go with MDynamics, MModernComp or even MCompressor, they would probably do a more accurate job. The point about vintage compressors is the design, they are just tuned for one specific character, which, if you like, can be great, and the lack of controls makes them easy to use. People think there's some "analog mojo", I say there's not, it's all the design imho.

As for cheaters... yeah... they are everywhere, compromising features like this... sad...
Vojtech

jmg8 wrote: I have uploaded a preset to the exchange called "Super Glue" where I have experimented with an auto threshold. It is meant for bus compression.
Auto threshold? Is that different from the Auto Compression button in MModernCompressor?

I just set up a preset with detector settings said to be similar to the 1176 and uploaded it, but when it was time to get the presets back, I got an error message from the preset exchange server, so no Super Glue for me....

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I feel like I'm finally hitting my stride with mixing, and MeldaProduction makes my favorite everyday tools.

Auto threshold is different yes. It is just something I was experimenting with. Basically I use a modulator in follower mode with a VERY slow speed. It makes the threshold follow the signal in realtime. So it makes the compressor always be doing something, the signal cant fall below the threshold, as if it did the threshold would follow it.

Try changing a parameter that is not used and save the preset with a slightly different name and then try and upload again.

I recommend next (if you haven't already) to start really learning the modulators and multiparameters. They are so powerful! Once you have learned them, they come in vey useful for many tasks and they are the same in all Melda plugins, so when you learn one plugin you learn them all! It makes workflow fast.

Aww, man, this is a drag, I'm still getting the DOCTYPE HTML error from the preset server. Well, at least there are now over 10 presets up on the MModernCompressor section of the preset server.

But I wanna try this SuperGlue and see what you did with the modulator!

Code: Select all

$eNrtWltzo7gSfp9fQfGeGHF3le2txDaZ1IkTr8leziNjKzEngBgQyXgfzm8-3RJggR0nWzM7Z7dq-DCgptWS+vq1MqOfvqSJ9kyLMmbZWCfnhq7RbM02cfY41iv+cObrP00+jBYLtqFFNmVpXtCyZEVJOQeeUpuyJInykm5W8eOWL6OMJmMdpExZxgv4BqLnWfQpoRtJroqCZnwJUii-no31u9ub69u5Nv99+vHi9mr+37DKaaFdJRXVtXpiGG-odBvFmZBwE2dPMMpgoRJ2DATGni62NJILtKMZTaKdJK3CPIk5p0UY-0HJWHddu081x7rlurq2iL7cBHeXCVs-IRmoJhCrhMfLqIhSCuxle2QhPW-oF5xH6yegnRtEIc+K3W+Ui522tKvmMB3KXcW7xI8s6a3xr4zSrig0zDyr0rEuNHdWpozxrcKwirJHmDN0OzQeMzT3UP5ci9jqZ5rQqKR4FHWp1SK8odkj34ozGvVc33UcVXbXWi35fgsm38oDCQW1fPPPrYOo5GVjvpYS0jXLNlGxq80vvqJcutzCdoM4gXWE4xJ9MlLkT0ZXRZRvJ6OcxRnXPuMWPMMjhqdrfJfDQW-YS7ilyYOu-Y5qsQximHA2B13i32P9zLRB4seoSFkWr8vBZDQQot4v0QeJruGYQ9+REon5VRLNwz26XynwYIvWSYFqVB8RvqTRkxBsndu25fsesXzHFIKNr5H7EdLMftfWue+ZtuM7rmcMTwof1C5wUYBrY5jHKcT3ir2IJIKMqsN8GN2wapNBqpvFJS-iTxUETFb7kQHOxSNOIcdVGa+zzmNUxHybxmvhfcaP34-f3+AHXo2e2rg-eO7gqGODvwd35QT-NTQ1HQcF-VwBItiJERabsT7PnmnCcijQ90WUlTHU8+YDJOY13UAIttXyBpaR1X6gULWgSpK6MkHlaem38Bjre5ihnWlt4dC1XyOABSLexNsllNsqxxRhWrIW2a6FWTDcRjnVZkX0AtVAbg3TwlLklyCJHstLOI4twv6QqH0RZ921eQGlwbPd5GS0uJ5dr+ozNdrQmvqPWgOEwF5kccY82yYHyBQU2BdYHbGoaMuC-YeuZRJpyy7ZD+7jlEopiyirogQ+7KswlrmFgCRgOZS7gcGas2IB+xIqwpfOl3sEbKwY60Hg2oYRBHrDeq9dJPk2QnU6wnf0PSv+gACs11le8ZfomT6wIlWmmP0pe+mDZosXm2fhHqqm5Ks8YRCVHCgVZ-Xhw5yKQoAo5BALAhGLTAuSjqlvUcOQZqis8z4FH4UpKii5avbSUqC2BFBPpT5U6s9tNXM9nxDfUz-HmZikkMDBWIYKO5x2FPTUYKgFWRbGZ0WlfogcwNmk20yrkrNUav-d4dLGxNtBcyC-WbIx7V+2prrAKRT4Bs7o4TfPHLoGsU0bg-ZrMUyLjcxz4vjEMwEZ+eSbynV817NtkGr575B7Gr8ZxLGIAwBr6HzDPf4jceFo0CQxeG0yv6wH+zqwxpJ69-AALRlnuVaChydQLGt6huSo4Hv6LFzd0zRn4S4D9AgTdU3pJc1mJDxaHH9G16I3En2UGKjfmr6pTYzXaUo3McCAfV+nZEvI3e1oLyYUbWSTV0KIrCbP9bY6Gd0XNIWsLyNahvItFAdMpc+yYDu6UibfjHnrWLQbItphr87rGaHh8STP2VEmq04bg44BQ05z7ZrT1BCXIHUxQwJBQR2K2WexDljsPotzwOL2WbwOC25oRnPRa8sR8tQNh4+7v4NuH9v4rEQTAA7DivzNQE8rESIjxXuSakP-1Coo8IycMMThmocLAVE95kB1NQQWStjBPqtNzFo3OwKsDku9Ui-F7H8Wnhp0TjwZAZ7esLQOwbC+B1L0gEaI+XqLWa7F9SsKgQxB0WItjB5IUJ-iJP5DKL5JNB1wISwWxo9ZlPyI+R8x-xfGvHQyMBeUHK0B5qaYjN2qfJTQwSo3zgMY3jJOe6TePe6kRzC0q1+u24BDm0DAIW2+iTEJdNy8O+r2rbDzfUAdtK1y5pIWa2icS-31rhjCdD+11yLfVRwSh-YIVRnym5wCieZ7NL-vbOJFZvu-bHDQM2vfzqRjZ8D1b9s5fMHE2dgZW1T1XuLA1OTPmrqnO5hXJRHspdTONHBvjcCzBsCKP31-XZK+Lk3tMsqe6hwFeRZHeAajabMbAtmrtCFBUg0T9qJ3zIGB96Y5UELZWENo-1i8gbepZrjcaZ9gnpbBrI4p5l849Nry4ua1ADx3XNOyiWU6ZHhgrtkOZEJbAUaSUF3xeBu6O+hUhu4QJ7biiOf5pje0iWHY+sQKhoHnzi1iTK2pawVGYA9t3zWJZc1mthWQueUT+HRpBfM5sYLvGeTv0o7r+q7h2kPImeSUemokpmYE1zR83-BMS9GOaThD0BqxHQLamVvezJk7ZOo7s+mFFThTdzZ3p77lGebMt4JLz7k05p5hDV1g+xtqxzmpkkWoJaKsHfmzQc8POp+M73HSXvybBxSsvBKQ1rGJt0vX2WIg717wCbUKH7-FG75dAJlVkA8BmNIH9fIKN9CwrJAfb9YKuqlE29xC4z1c6mfwE9C8xtvar3EZQw6tl5M19AXX7PDKBNTlFdXsEOwf4zqC5p1X0HxvOipsjTcNykIGhNUJzvcsdlyEPH1PSa+xHSxzxAz1fKVD+QBvr-3HgcmH-wHkvKyF
Select all, copy and then paste into MModernCompressor. It's the Super Glue preset for you to check out.
Although, I would still report the error in the preset exchange to Vojtech, there may be a problem?

^^
'Select All' may not work (it didn't here in Firefox 50-something) -- instead, click at the first character and drag your mouse through the whole lot to select it all.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

jmg8 wrote: Select all, copy and then paste into MModernCompressor. It's the Super Glue preset for you to check out.
Although, I would still report the error in the preset exchange to Vojtech, there may be a problem?
Okay, got it! Thanks.

I see that one needs to get in and mess about with the follower detector settings to get it doing its thing.

It wasn't supposed to be that way actually. I tried to set it up so that it didn't need changing. Not sure why you found it to need changing to make it work? Was you signal very low?
I tried to make it so that no matter the signal level the detector would pick it up and move the threshold to below the peaks.
Anyway there are a few other bits you can check out. The MP labelled speed, is in banks mode it shows how you can set up macro control between various states and interpolate between them.

Return to “MeldaProduction”