Please skip the pop-ups

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now on the Melda site, pop-ups appear that say "Someone has just purchased...(plugin X)"
Well, yeah, so? We are already aware that other people purchase plugins. So, what's the purpose of these pop-ups? Is it "Monkey-see, monkey do" psychology? [Answer is YES] This psychology is used in advertised EVERYWHERE. It goes basically like this: "Hey, other people like this....therefore, I should like it too!"

But I'm already sick of this stuff. It's EVRYWHERE. T.V., internet, radio, billboards.... it never stops.

So, look- I love Melda plugins. I think that they're the most inventive plugins, in a very, VERY competitive and crowded field. I brag on the plugins almost as if I'm a "fan-boi" (Doh!- I'm NOT a fanboi of any sort....I'm an objective person!)

O.K.- I'm approaching fan-boi-ishness of Melda plugins. And that's perfectly O.K.

But still, could you please skip the pop-ups?

I agree, it feels pretty unnecessary and a little manipulative...

Well Meldaproduction is commonly known as a pop-up fanboy :lol: To me it feels as a big annoying marketing gag too. In particular since no one can proof they actually bought these products. Can be faked with no effort. On the other hand if you're that easy to manipulate it's your own fault.

We actually cloned it from another dev website :D. Various websites use stuff like that now... well, don't ask me, I'm not fan of such things either, but you know, we have to earn the living, so if this should help... :D I was actually afraid nobody would even notice :o. Apparently someone would :D. Anyways all you need to do is click the "x" in the popup and it will disappear for like a month or something if I remember correctly. And it's not fake! C'mon!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

The other day I thought I saw a bug, haha. So there was indeed a popup telling me that somebody bought something, interesting. :D

Little lifehack: if a site is well written, you can disable javascript for this specific site, if you like. This way there will be no possibility for this site to show you popups, unnecessary animations etc. Meldaproduction.com seems to be good, regarding this. You can disable javascript and still search through the plugins and you probably can even still buy plugins ... though I did not check 100%, since I did not want to click on buy in the cart, hehe.

By the way: Meldaproduction.com has 8 errors according to the w3c validator and has a page speed score of 79. Both are ok values, I gues. Google.com has 21 errors, haha. :D ... but a page speed score of 100 ... which might be not so surprising, since ... well the defalt page of google is just the logo with an input field ... :D

... yes, at the moment I am into web development ... I am re-coding my own website ... very annoying area, if you have no money to pay a decent webdeveloper and secondly want to make everything on your own... stupid me, hehe. :party:
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

I was just glad to see that Meldaproduction plugins sell so well, so I have no problem with it.
How long do you guys spend hanging out at the Melda site? :)

Until Vojtech has earned enough for bread, butter and water for three and sometimes until he can cover his bread with two slices of gold;-)
Last edited by Svama on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...all I am is jealous...:lol:.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Well, I clicked the "x" on the popup screens each time they came up. They do not disappear at all.
Small beef (well, maybe medium). You see, the net is chock full of popups, trying to grab your attention.

But you see, if you're on the Melda site, your attention is already on Melda stuff. Why drag my attention away from something I'm already trying to pay attention to on your own site? If I click on the popup, there's only a slight chance that I'll purchase that plugin. Then I'll tend to forget what I was looking at to begin with....

Because, as I said, there are already a bazillion pop-ups on the net.

Just my opinion here (hope none of this sounded harsh - I hope this is constructive). I think that you don't need popups on your site- If you must use them, it's better to do it on other sites, where somebody might not already be aware of Melda Productions, and all you have to offer.

In any event, cheers from the U.S.A.

Why don’t add a space invader type of game to the site?
One could shoot pop-ups and get rewards applicable to plug ins when buying?

Ok, nevermind.

Actually, I think that I like that idea! :tu:

sirmonkey wrote:Well, I clicked the "x" on the popup screens each time they came up. They do not disappear at all.
Small beef (well, maybe medium). You see, the net is chock full of popups, trying to grab your attention.

But you see, if you're on the Melda site, your attention is already on Melda stuff. Why drag my attention away from something I'm already trying to pay attention to on your own site? If I click on the popup, there's only a slight chance that I'll purchase that plugin. Then I'll tend to forget what I was looking at to begin with....

Because, as I said, there are already a bazillion pop-ups on the net.

Just my opinion here (hope none of this sounded harsh - I hope this is constructive). I think that you don't need popups on your site- If you must use them, it's better to do it on other sites, where somebody might not already be aware of Melda Productions, and all you have to offer.

In any event, cheers from the U.S.A.
I find the pop-ups extremely irritating, and frankly they would make me less likely, not more, to spend time and potentially buy something on the site. Mr.Melda said clicking on the"x" banishes them ... that mitigated my annoyance ... but apparently they aren't always banished?

They should be cancelled for a week or so I think, not sure. Does it not work?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction; Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:25 pm
Re: Please skip the pop-ups
They should be cancelled for a week or so I think, not sure. Does it not work?
Vojtech - MeldaProduction
Nope- doesn't work. Popups still doing what they do... :dog:

You guys are really often and long on the Melda site, hehe. :D ... sorry for the not helpful offtopic ...
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Return to “MeldaProduction”