MPowersynth and MDrummer hang when starting Studio One ver3

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I start Studio One ver 3, it hangs when scanning VST's, when it get to MDrummer and MPowersynth, but only if I'm connected to the internet. While I usually disconnect from the net when I use my DAW, sometimes I am connected when starting Studio One. I click the "Cancel" box, but nothing happens...it still just hangs.
Again, this only happens if I'm online when I start Studio One. Anybody else experience this, and is there a fix?

Hmmm, never heard about this. Perhaps something is asking the server and it's not replying (there was a problem a few days ago). Try waiting for like 1 minute, perhaps it would time out. Anyways it seems working fine here and everything is connected.

Btw. when S1 shows certain plugin, it actually seems already checking the next one, which is a bit silly, but who knows. At least here it looks that way.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I don't think that Studio One is checking the next plugin in this case, because the problem is specific to MDrummer and MPowersynth.
Also I should mention: Studio One starts O.K. no matter what, but the problem occurs when I open a song that contains either MDrummer or MPowersynth. I didin't phrase it that way before... I said that it hung on starting Studio One.
I will recheck things- I will open a song that contains one of the instrument while connected to the internet, and then go make a sandwich. It should take about 5 minutes to make the sandwich, and about 10 seconds to eat it. So 5:10 is the test time for now.

Retested, and had sandwich. Starting Studio One, opening a song, and then connecting to the net poses no problem. But if I'm connected to the net, and then open Studio One, and open a song with a Melda instrument, it then hangs. I let it sit for 20 minutes (I had several sandwiches for lunch)...and it was still hanging. I hit cancel, and let it sit for another 20 minutes (I decided to have more sandwiches). It was still hanging. Also, I then lose the ability to put any Melda effect/plugin on any track. I have to shut down Studio One, restart it, disconnect from the net, and re-open the project.

For me, it's not a huge deal...only a minor glitch, but it's still probably worth looking in to.

I forgot to say that I have Windows 8 (the last version of 8- I forget the exact 8.xxx number)

Weird - do you have any other host that you can try?

And what happens when you open the MDrummer or MPowersynth stand-alone programs?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

That's very weird indeed. Please contact me via info@meldaproduction.com and tell me the system specs, versions etc. and ideally send me a testing project I can try.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”