Feature Request: Mostly to Benefit MXXX (and MPowerSynth)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any chance we could have a multiparam block move capability? Right click on an MP and you get the menu, one choice of which is to move the MP. That brings up an MP map, the "from" position is highlighted. Suppose we could then shift click on a second MP and the whole block would be highlighted, then click on the destination and you are done.

Right now, moving a whole block of MPs is a fairly tedious (and thus potentially error-prone) affair.

Forgive me if I don't understand, but how is this different from right click and re order MP?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

dmbaer wants to move several MPs all at once
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

How about click and drag like within the matrix?

DarkStar wrote:dmbaer wants to move several MPs all at once
Exactly. I'm working on something in MXXX that will end up having very few MP slots left unused. As the design evolves, the available slots have become a precious resource and I am frequently having to move a whole block of MPs to find space for a new control just thought of. There's a nice trick to moving a block down one space at a time (see below), but other than that, it's doing it one by one. The computer could do it *so* much faster.

By the way, I do appreciate the thought that went into moving an MP that is affected by another one. No need to hunt down and update those references, which I was more than delighted to discover!

The trick mentioned above, in case anyone is interested, is this: move any empty slot to the first slot in the block and everything gets shoved down one slot (assuming there's an empty slot after the block).

I know I know... I was thinking about this many times, as I needed it, but whenever it was, it became easier to do things manually or something than implementing this. It's unfortunately more difficult than it looks with all the dependencies the system has. But maybe one day...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I regard that 'trick' as a feature. Pick a spare (unused) MP and move to where I want the new one to be. Simples!
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

MeldaProduction wrote:I know I know... I was thinking about this many times, as I needed it, but whenever it was, it became easier to do things manually or something than implementing this. It's unfortunately more difficult than it looks with all the dependencies the system has. But maybe one day...
What would be very useful, if the block move isn't an option, would be two commands:

insert empty slot and move assigned slots up, and
insert empty slot and move assigned slots down

This assumes the insert point is occupied, of course.

You pretty much do the second already by moving an empty slot to the insert point. But there's no way to do the first without a full scale move of every single non-empty slot in front of the insert point.

One other useful command would be: delete slot (and move everything behind it up one). Between that and the "move empty to insert point" trick ... ahem I mean feature ... much, much time could be saved when a major rearrangement of MP order is needed.

Hmmm, insert & delete could be helpful (they would actually rearrange the multiparams, not really create any, but still), but I don't think it would be sufficient. Some movable listbox would be better, but again, that's harder than it looks, but we'll see...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Hmmm, insert & delete could be helpful (they would actually rearrange the multiparams, not really create any, but still), but I don't think it would be sufficient. Some movable listbox would be better, but again, that's harder than it looks, but we'll see...
Well, just to be clear (and I think it actually would be nearly sufficient), what I'm suggesting is this:

We already effectively have an insert-and-move-down command. Assuming a block of assigned MPs has at least one empty slot after it. Moving that slot to the position of the first slot in the block essentially is an insert-and-move-down.

What we don't have an easy way to do is insert-and-move-up. In other words, you have a block of assigned MPs with at least one empty before it. Inserting that empty in the last assigned slot and moving the block up one would accomplish just that. I realize it's easy to describe and may be quite difficult to accomplish in code. My point is that a full block move would be the most elegant solution, but if we had only the two insert-and-move-up/down options, *much* time could be saved, and we already effectively have one of them provided.

Got it!
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”