MGranularMB (and MeldaTools in general) 3 Beginner Questions

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Melda-Users,

I am new to Melda and confronted with some problems. I want to dig their programs better and am hoping you can help a bit.

a)
Is it possible to modulate modulators by other modulators, for example LFO1 modulating LFO2?

b)
I can´t get the detector / follower running so that audio is manipulated by the follower. The graph shows nothing. I use Cubase. I play a Midi Piano and MGranulator is set as an insert in that channel. LFO and Band manupulation is no problem. But the follower...there seems to be no audio input and no graph action is going on. What am I doing wrong? Must I do some additional routing in Cubase?

c)
I can´t produce a nice and long lasting grain cloud which sounds like a homogenetic padsound as produced by a synthesizer (it is possible with most other grain instruments I own). No matter what I do to the knobs and sliders. The grains are always much to short in size and sound apart from each other and not connected. Any Ideas are well appreciated.

Thank you in advance :)
Cheers

(a) Yes:
Open Modulator 1 (for LFO1), double-click the target parameter to open the Parameter browser, browse to the LFO2 parameter that you want to modulate using LFO1, select it (and enable it, if needed), set that Range Mode and range etc too.. Here I am modulating LFO2's Frequency with LFO1:

(b) Could be, I do not know how Cubase works. Following audio is OK, here :) But, in the Level graph panel, click the Menu button (bottom button, second column) and make sure that the graphs are enabled as suitable colours. Are you using the Detector on the main audio or on the sidechain audio? Check that you see the relevant audio levels in the plug-in's main meters (above the 4 Modulator buttons)

(c) Pass, I'm not a Grain expert.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Hi Darkstar,
thank you very much for helping me out :hug:

a) cool! I am happy.

b) okay, I have to try those buttons out. The Design is good but confusing at first when new to Melda like me. Mayby I didn´t see everything. I didn´t use sidechain options. Just regular audio input (Piano).

c) okay, thank you anyway :)

Cheers

Good Oh.

Yes, there is a lot in the GUI and it can be confusing initially. But ... once you learn your way around one of the plug-ins, you'll know your way around much of the other 96+ plug-ins ;). Then you can focus on the specifics of those plug-ins.

About (c) - while you're waiting for a specific answer, switch MGranular into Edit mode, and try out the presets. When you find one that is close to what you want, check out its parameters.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Regarding question b: this may or may not be relevant to your problem, but it is a common mistake. If you are using side chain input with a Melda plug-in in Cubase, you normally have to turn on side chain in two places - once in the window header (owned by Cubase) and once somewhere in the Melda plug-in UI.

...double click also true for lpx...fwiw.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

dmbaer wrote:Regarding question b: this may or may not be relevant to your problem, but it is a common mistake. If you are using side chain input with a Melda plug-in in Cubase, you normally have to turn on side chain in two places - once in the window header (owned by Cubase) and once somewhere in the Melda plug-in UI.
Good to know. I'll check that out. Thank you. :)

*edit wrong thread *
Last edited by Neon Breath on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's not as homogenetic as I wish or otherwise said the grains are not really melted together. But it is great for what out cam do and as I dig the melda GUI more and more I like their plugins more and more.

:love:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

:hug: :hihi:

Return to “MeldaProduction”