Install DLL directly or unattended install?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My organization is looking for a way to install Melda Productions plugins via an automated "push" to very many computers simultaneously. It has a system in place that pushes and maintains software across all computers. Microsoft SCCM is involved. Is anybody aware of being able to copy DLLs directly to a VST folder, and if so how do you handle licensing? Or is the licensing built into the plugin?

Otherwise, the Universal Installer requires manual steps for the plug in selection, that doesn't seem to work with our system. Perhaps there is an xml map that could be designated to assign the plugins that are licensed during an unattended installation.

Note- inquiring if anybody has experience with using the universal installer with an unattended installation system or a manual install of specific DLLs (assuming that's how the work). This is to be used only with software that can still be registered properly. Thanks.

Well, there's no way really, right now. The installer places quite a few resources into different locations on the system, so it's really not just copying the DLLs (if it was done the classic way without the shared resources and kernel it would have many GB instead of the about 200MB for the entire collection). Btw. are you aware of the licencing per person? :)
Anyways the fact that it is not possible right now doesn't mean we cannot make it work somehow. If it would be only about pre-selecting the set of plugins, you could probably hack it already. Let me know via info@meldaproduction.com, and tell me some details.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Vojtech,
This is only the free bundle but if all the approvals go through on my side and software can be assimilated into our system, then I had hoped to initially upgrade to the 'free' paid bundle and then subsequent plugins or bundles as needed after that. Since this is an institution, you can be confident that every seat would be licensed properly. Our I.T. dept has specific requirements about how software is installed and maintained that doesn't appear to work with the universal installer.
Thanks for the insight about the installer, I had no idea 200MB was small due to the sharing that was already taking place. I'll have them reach out directly. Perhaps you know other institutions that have already figured out a solution.

BTW, I just recently realized how powerful mTremolo is. It is a very useful tool and competes easily with more expensive competitors. I feel it should get more hype. Good job.

Thank you!
Now you wrote me via email, right? Anyways I'll try to make it work for V12, but it will take some more time before we get there.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Vojtech,
The mail came from our I.T. dept as they're tasked with trying to make it work in our environment. My role is getting our students exposed to some great sound design tools. Thanks for your consideration with the installer.

Got it, received. The update is finally getting somewhere, not exactly a finish, but somewhere :D, so hopefully there will be some solution soon enough.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”