drag and drop modulation source and on screen modulation control

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey vojtech, it might be too much to ask
but why not add a simple drag and drop function from modulators to source target

and add a small circle at the side of the control knob/bar to control the amount and direction of it ??
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

+1

Some visual feedback around the modulated parameters might be nice.

However, I think the learn and quick learn options are actually better than drag and drop.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

Drag and drop would be okay. Right clicking the modulator to set to 'learn' mode would be better/faster.

vectorwarrior wrote:Drag and drop would be okay. Right clicking the modulator to set to 'learn' mode would be better/faster.
what would you do to change the modulation amount and such things ??
going into modulator and seeing the parameter name and changing the amount is a long procedure
rather than controlling it with a small controller on the main window

and i know you can hit learn again to change the amount but that is again a damm long time and easy to f**k up the workflow
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

vectorwarrior wrote: Right clicking the modulator to set to 'learn' mode would be better/faster.
This could speed up workflow. :clap:
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

Apratim wrote:
vectorwarrior wrote:Drag and drop would be okay. Right clicking the modulator to set to 'learn' mode would be better/faster.
what would you do to change the modulation amount and such things ??
Agreed, it could speed up workflow to add some sort of click-and-drag of modulation amounts near or on the knob/slider being modulated.

Maybe, but how often would you do that? Clicking the Modulator menu and selecting "Learn" is only one click more.
scott_free wrote:Agreed, it could speed up workflow to add some sort of click-and-drag of modulation amounts near or on the knob/slider being modulated.
With the current "Learn" system, when you drag the the target parameter the lowest and highest values are written into the Modulator Value and Maximal Value.

And coming up with some scheme to indicate Modulation ranges on the target parameters could be difficult / impossible, given the infinites number of knob/slider/button possibilities. The GUI could look very cluttered / messy too.

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thank you Darkstar for the images, you are right, it does look a bit cluttered. Perhaps, though, it could be an option users would toggle on during patch creation/ editing, then turn off during use by pressing a small button on the main page of the GUI.

However, your point regarding the difficulty/impossibility of developing and implementing a visual feedback scheme that would cover every possible knob/slider/button is well taken. Logistics has never been my strong suit.

let vojtech see this and let him think about it
(darkstar thanks for the images thats preetu much what i had thought of)

i think he will come out with something or maybe revamp the whole GUI again like from V10.9 to V11 GUI conversion was drastic and was pretty good

I'm afraid this is impossible indeed, sorry guys. Styles are a nightmare already...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”