Using MAutoVolume to De-ess and reduce plosives

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is another video I made on how to use MAutoVolume to reduce the volume only when certain frequencies are heard. I focused on vocals with this on, but this can be used with any instrument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvVhN61P0Po

:clap:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Chandlerhimself wrote:Here is another video I made on how to use MAutoVolume to reduce the volume only when certain frequencies are heard. I focused on vocals with this on, but this can be used with any instrument.

This is great!! Thanks!

Also I notice your intro is different, changed from "Hi, I'm back" to "this is Chandler from Melda production". Are you an employee now?

Gotta say, I like your presentation abazillion times more than the older style "official" ones. It was pretty obvious neither the British guy or the non-native English speaker (if I'm remembering correctly) knew much of what they were reading, definitely compared with you. Yours are great!!

"CHandler from Meldaproduction"? I am asking the same question. You both would serve each other well, hehe! You just make straight forward and good tutorials. Thanks for this!

... I should definitely test MAutoVolume much more. :)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Hehe isn't that "for" MeldaProduction? :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

alexis1 wrote:
Chandlerhimself wrote:Here is another video I made on how to use MAutoVolume to reduce the volume only when certain frequencies are heard. I focused on vocals with this on, but this can be used with any instrument.

This is great!! Thanks!

Also I notice your intro is different, changed from "Hi, I'm back" to "this is Chandler from Melda production". Are you an employee now?

Gotta say, I like your presentation abazillion times more than the older style "official" ones. It was pretty obvious neither the British guy or the non-native English speaker (if I'm remembering correctly) knew much of what they were reading, definitely compared with you. Yours are great!!

He's saying 'for', not from. And surely you mean Australian rather than British?

wilx wrote:
alexis1 wrote:

This is great!! Thanks!

He's saying 'for', not from. And surely you mean Australian rather than British?
As Mr. Melda pointed out already, yes he is!

"And surely" I meant just what I wrote, "if I'm remembering correctly". It's been a while since I've listened to that guy, if you say he's Aussie, that works for me!

alexis1 - Thanks I’m glad the videos are helpful. I’m working with Melda now on these videos, so I thought would be good to tell people about it upfront. I’m not trying to keep it a secret or anything and I wanted to have something the separated them from my normal videos.

Although admittedly sometimes I have no idea what I’m talking about either, so I won’t hold it against the Australian guy.

Anyway, I have quite a few more ideas, so you should see lots of new videos soon.

Chandlerhimself wrote:alexis1 - Thanks I’m glad the videos are helpful. I’m working with Melda now on these videos, so I thought would be good to tell people about it upfront. I’m not trying to keep it a secret or anything and I wanted to have something the separated them from my normal videos.

Although admittedly sometimes I have no idea what I’m talking about either, so I won’t hold it against the Australian guy.

Anyway, I have quite a few more ideas, so you should see lots of new videos soon.
Yay!!

Are you taking requests? I would love to see another in the MAutoVolume series, "Vocal Volume Levelling with MAutoVolume" if you ever get the chance.

Thank you!

This is great! If you do more of these MAutoVolume tutorials, Melda will sell the s*** out of this awesome plugin! This tip has been on my "list" of things to try out since it was posted on the forum a while ago, NOW I can't wait to check out the video!

How about another using the Ducking feature? I just started playing with this to duck a bass when the kick drum hits and thought it made for an especially punchy and clear kick sound. Good stuff! Thanks!

Yeah, I think I'd appreciate more auto volume videos too. I dont get why you'd want to use it over traditional compression/expansion and I dont, probably because I dont know exactly what it's doing under the hood. For instance, is there any benefit to creating a multiband version in MXXX? What about a spectral version?

vectorwarrior wrote:I dont get why you'd want to use it over traditional compression/expansion...
Well, in my mind, it seems more "natural" to gain-ride the track to reduce it's volume to make space for the other rather than compress the signal, which changes the characteristics. Now, if I can actually HEAR the difference with a blind test... :)

vectorwarrior wrote:Yeah, I think I'd appreciate more auto volume videos too. I dont get why you'd want to use it over traditional compression/expansion and I dont, probably because I dont know exactly what it's doing under the hood. For instance, is there any benefit to creating a multiband version in MXXX? What about a spectral version?
Easiest way to put it:
It's for macro dynamics.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to more MAutovolume vids in the future. Here is a quick one I made before that just goes over the basics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfAlU0kmSnA

:clap:
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”