Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

Imagine the following scenario:

MPowerSynth.
One sawtooth OSC.
"Semitones" is being modulated by MOD 1's LFO. plus / min 24 semitones, 0.2 hertz.
So i'm getting a slow pitch sweep from a very hi freq. to a low bass.

Now, i decide i want to have MOD 2 also modulate "semitones", also with an LFO. But this time, by a very small amount, at 5.6 hertz. So basically a sort of vibrato.

So now what i should have is that slow,wide range pitch sweep (via MOD 1 LFO), and at the same time, a slight vibrato effect.

But that's not what happens. What happens is MOD 2 over-rides MOD 1 (so, no slow wide range pitch sweep, i only get the subtle vibrato).

So, this is a convoluted way to ask: is there a way to "sum" modulation sources? So you can have more then one MOD effect the same destination, and the MODS will sum together?

(i appreciate i could achieve the desired result in the above example in another way, but this is just a toy example to explain the question).

Thank! ............D

Hi D,

that's unfortunately not possible like this, each modulator is directly controlling the target parameter. BUT there's quite an easy way to do that:

Mod 1 -> control semitones, using say "Up and down" range mode, hence around Value in range plus/minus Depth. This one will be the vibrato.
Mod 2 (the slow sweep) -> control the "Value" parameter of Mod 1

That's all ;). It may be a bit more complex to setup, but that's unfortunately how it is and it actually brings a lot of more possibilities to the table.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thanks, i'm gonna try that!..........D

Return to “MeldaProduction”