Gullfoss Eq

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Someone using this plugin? Could also be part of the mixing revolution. Didn’t try it so far, but looks interesting. Like to know how you and Vojtech think about it.

Thanks and greets,
Marek

You know, I'm not convinced by this product.
How can it decide what it to be considered good or bad frequencies?
In my opinion, it is just some marketing hype. It is not something I would use.

But please correct me if I am missing something here.
I can't imagine the devs going into any detail about it, as it is probably top secret.
I imagine it probably just matches the signal closer to some pre-defined psychoacoustic curve.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

I think and hope you’re right. Mixing would become boring with this possibility. Everything would get in the same direction of sound and music will become like assembly line work. It already feels a bit like this today.

https://youtu.be/GKLywqOa0_A

I think this man is a great mixer, but today too many people praise something for money.

After watching the video I have to say it’s not doing a bad job. It really cleans up the frequency spectrum in a good way.
Vojtech? I think mspectraldynamicd could do something similar.
Gullfoss looks like a endless dynamic eq.

+1 on the reviewer dude, I'v watched his vids for years and learned a whole.bunch.O.stuff, but let's face it there is only so much you can say/teach about eqs&limiters&stuffs before you've pretty much covered it...but there's no end to endorsements and advertising...ever...and that's where the money is after you've said everything you can think off...but, jealouse...just plain jealous that's all I am...sheeeshh, all that free stuff...(to shill for)...(ever).../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

I didn't check this thing yet, will do when possible... Anyways my guess is that it is similar to MSpectralDynamics.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

This thing is cool, so is the dev. I class t in the same realm as mspectral dynamics, or soothe.
Mspectral dynamics is still the most configurable. I can get incredible results with it every time. Plus there is less guesswork with Mspec.
Do check out gulfoss tho

Yes, please do. I find it just works. Quite remarkable.

I think it takes various curves and noises into consideration
Like pink noise or maybe the equal loudness contour
With some more additional option like having more bass below 200hz or some high above 2khz after the initial curve is considered
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

I checked and it seems to me that it simply tried to match everything to the classic loudness curve (like pink but with bass & treble rolloff). I wasn't very happy about it I'm afraid... To be honest, the whole idea doesn't make sense to me, because in order to equalize something, you must know what you are equalizing, so I was actually expecting it is doing that it is doing. And sure it seems that it sounds cool, because in most cases it will boost the bass & treble, which just initially sounds cool, but any EQ can do that :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

You mean similiar like an dynamic tilt eq with endless bands?
For me it seems like its also cleaning up the mids.
Can’t try it for myself cause of mac only.

i feel that if there was a spectral version of mautovolume it would be able to be anything
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

MeldaProduction wrote:I checked and it seems to me that it simply tried to match everything to the classic loudness curve (like pink but with bass & treble rolloff). I wasn't very happy about it I'm afraid... To be honest, the whole idea doesn't make sense to me, because in order to equalize something, you must know what you are equalizing, so I was actually expecting it is doing that it is doing. And sure it seems that it sounds cool, because in most cases it will boost the bass & treble, which just initially sounds cool, but any EQ can do that :D.
But the thing is... most people are doing this manually anyway. So many times i'm analyzing a mix and i can blatantly see that the producer has balanced his sounds so that they look level on a 4.5db analyzer, and yet, when you actually LISTEN to the mix, you can hear that certain sounds are way too loud, and are giving the whole mix a cheap plastic sound.
So for those people, this will speed up their mixing process :D

I actually do find this quite interesting because you don't actually have to keep the settings. You can use this plugin to quickly level things out and see if you really have made the correct sound design choices. Then just switch it off, and carry on working with your new-found perspective.

Understood. Though to me it seems that a decent EQ with low-shelf and high-shelf would do the trick as well, and would be cheaper :D. Dunno... It's a tool, if you find it useful, then why the hell not ;).
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”