How are you using Melda's EQs ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When you have each EQ made by Melda, what makes you go for one EQ instead of another ? Are you going for a specific EQ according to the task and if so, what are the decision points ? How would you qualify the range of usefulness of each EQ ?

Cheers.

...well I've got them all (I think), but have settled into just using MADeq because it's "easy" and I've developed a "ton" of presets. So it has become the go-to selection...hth.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

MAutoDynamicEQ or MTurboEQ

I use MTurboEQ for musical stuff, like shaping/colouring a sound.

MAutoDynamicEQ for technical stuff like, notching out ringing, matching, de essing, ducking etc.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Ugh, I cannot use the eq because the Grafficks iz uninspiring. I'm waiting fer teh 12 dimensions UI

...(**).../s~

djmani wrote:Ugh, I cannot use the eq because the Grafficks iz uninspiring. I'm waiting fer teh 12 dimensions UI
I have made a prototype using 8 dimensions. Couldn't cope with more then 6 though. 12 dimensions are only for superhumans like you.

Masi

It must be said that the bass is EQued quite thin at the 5th dimension. Great bass though, especially in the 2nd part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjxSCAalsBE

[quote="steve2KVR"]...well I've got them all (I think), but have settled into just using MADeq because it's "easy" and I've developed a "ton" of presets. So it has become the go-to selection...hth.../s~[/quote
I knew you would write "easy"
If you spend more time learning, studying and understanding instead of sighing

...(***)....s~

Been using MFreeformEqualizer's frequency match feature as a extra pair of ears.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Autodynamic is my favorite. It's the most versatile or powerful EQ out there.
It can do things such as: Boost a band, but boost less as the input level around that band increase. It can boost a frequency range when the signal level is low, but also attenuate that same band when the signal is too loud. It can also boost or attenuate the harmonics of each frequency band.
Actually, this would get really long if I tried to explain it all. But there's an excellent video series that illustrates Autodynamic EQ way better than I can. This will really give you the knowledge that you need, in a clear and understandable way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUBxW_NLZK8
This EQ is very surgical when you need it to be. And it is very "musical" when you want it to be. And you can use it for very precise ducking. And the list goes on and on.  But I digress, as you have a few videos to watch!

- ooops, double post!

sirmonkey wrote: This EQ is very surgical when you need it to be. And it is very "musical" when you want it to be. And you can use it for very precise ducking. And the list goes on and on.  But I digress, as you have a few videos to watch!
I haven't noticed those videos yet. Thanks !

Cheers.

Yes, THANKS @sirmonkey !

If I want something really quick, which usually means bass / treble, I usually grab MTurboEQ. But most of the time I'm not in such a rush, so I use MAutoDynamicEq, for pretty much everything.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”