How are you using Melda's EQs ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am not such a fancy guy, I guess. I feel like someone at a Porsche enthusiasts' club chugging up in his beloved 914.

I use MEqualizer for the everyday stuff that I use an EQ for, like attenuating honk frequencies in vocal and instrument tracks, highpasses, and so forth. It's my go-to EQ that just winds up on every track. Its soft saturation knob is my favorite secret weapon "betterizer" that I hope people continue to ignore whenever I mention it in forum posts. ;-)

I bought a license for MDynamicEQ recently and have used it so far to tame ride cymbal stick pings. I imagine that I will find further uses for it. I wanted a dynamic EQ to have in my bag of tricks, wanted to learn how to use one, and as a Meldamoonie, there was only one plug-in house to consider.

It was while using MDynamicEQ that I finally figured out what the Harmonics buttons do on Meldaproduction's EQ's, and as usual, was bowled over by how much hidden power had been lurking in the EQ I had been working with for years. I do find the documentation hard to follow, especially for the Free Bundle.

Of course, cymbals and percussion in general throw off harmonics, so the Harmonics buttons were my friends on that task.

I'm using other companies EQ when musical purpose.
But when I need surgical - MAutoDynamicEQ is brings best result always... I don't need any other.
Ambient artist and sound designer to get chickens.
http://www.weatherm.net/

Hi!

MdynamicEq became my go-to eq for surgical tasks, very flexible and reliable. Also for mid side operations and basic ducking. Not using it for adding character.

Regarding Turboeq, i like how it sounds and use it mostly on track or group channel.

Cheers!

Starship Krupa wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:45 amIt was while using MDynamicEQ that I finally figured out what the Harmonics buttons do on Meldaproduction's EQ's, and as usual, was bowled over by how much hidden power had been lurking in the EQ I had been working with for years.
Cool. :tu: I and probably many others would appreciate a post (or video) containg all the insights you had. :help:
Starship Krupa wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:45 am I do find the documentation hard to follow, especially for the Free Bundle.
Are you British? Do I sense an understatement? ;)

Masi

masitito wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:44 pm Cool. :tu: I and probably many others would appreciate a post (or video) containg all the insights you had. :help:
Here's the video that shows the harmonics thingy....
www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1t41WCgEq4&ind ... M-LWiLTwJP

It is 7 minutes long, but you can skip to about 3:20. That's where it shows how to access what you're looking for. Some additional info is addressed, and I recommend watching the whole video (7:30 long).
This is the second of 6 videos, and the whole series is top-notch.

sirmonkey wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:49 am Here's the video that shows the harmonics thingy....
Thank you sir.

Masi

Return to “MeldaProduction”