ModularEx Module Question

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I notice in MSF that there's a new module type: ModularEx. It has four MPs and a couple of Modulators. The MPs have name and group fields, but (not surprisingly) when you fill them in, nothing appears on the Easy screen. Is this just a "temporary" feature that will get resolved, or am I perhaps doing something wrong (i.e. they work in a similar fashion to regular MPs but there are some differences)?

Only the global MPs are displayed on the easy screen. Submodule MPs are only for "technical" use, whatever you'd need tham for.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

So, the name and group fields are redundant in the submodule MPs. No big deal either way, but I'm just trying to fully understand their intent. But that reminds me of another question I've been meaning to ask for some time. Is there a performance penalty (apart from loading/initializing perhaps) in using sub modules? There are some (extreme) cases where even using submodules within submodules would make at least preset definition/maintenance more straightforward. But is there a price to be paid in real-time performance in doing things that way?

I actually like the addition of the MPs in there because it means you can save configurations and then adjust them using the MPs. It could save a lot of time.

You may for example use it with custom sort of active presets (without the easy screen itself). So in a way this lets you create your own modules.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

>"custom sort of active presets (without the easy screen itself)"

Hmmm, I really have no idea what that is. :?

But I still would like to know if using modular modules introduces any kind of a run-time penalty (excluding increased load or initialization resource consumption).

Chandlerhimself wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:23 am I actually like the addition of the MPs in there because it means you can save configurations and then adjust them using the MPs. It could save a lot of time.
Just to be clear, I think ModularEx is a wonderful development. I was just confused by the presence of MP fields that have no apparent use, like name, group name, visible, same row, etc. If the fields are never to be seen, these fields have no purpose, it would seem. This is not a big deal - I was just wondering if I was missing something.

Imagine you create something complex in Modular. Then every time you use it inside some other preset, you have that complex thing.

But now, create it in ModularEx and add some controls to it, via multiparameters. Then if you load it, you already have these multiparameters there to work with instead of the complex structure. That's besides the fact that multiparameters can be used for more than just macro controls. And there are also users that, for real, used ALL multiparameters on the main instance :D. So this way they could put the "technical" stuff that shouldn't be on available to the user inside the ModularEx.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:02 pm And there are also users that, for real, used ALL multiparameters on the main instance :D.
Hey, I had a good reason for using every MP that I did! And besides, I did leave two of them unused for future enhancements. :D

:D :D I actually didn't mean you, but thanks for giving yourself up :D
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”