MSF Sampler Features

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm curious to see what the community thinks are 'must haves' for a Sampler within MSF.
I've seen Alchemy and Harmor referenced as overall features, but nobody has gone any further than just referencing other samplers.

...and
Go!

I hope for a multisamples players, with automatic keys detection, with the embedded file name, and auto mapping, and loop reader, same, embedded info into the file., same for velocity layers.

A loopable function with crossfade.
Classic loop features: direction, substain..
The possibility to print the crossfade to the wav file.

Easy key zone management.
Export, import sfz format.

Multi output, for be able to map a zone to a specific output, in the matrix.

Round Robin.

An auto sampler function: be able to auto sample and create a sampler program from the Msp master output.

Some time stretch algorithms.
Some slices algorithms.
Some granular algorithms.
Some Melda resynthesis algorithms.

Modulable loop start,end, points.

That's a lot of things, for now, I would like a sampler who can read the sample embedded informations and play them.
Best
YY

Outside of cool stuff like granular/resynth/etc...

I'd like good control over sample selection. For example, multiple variations of the same sound that are played back in 'shuffle' mode, so variations are put in a list, each time one is played, it's removed from the list until there's none left, then the list resets.

The reason is, for my purposes (video game sound design) I dont use samplers as instruments with samples tied to keys like you guys do. I instead want a sort of 'random sample player' but with as little repetition of samples as possible. Shuffle playback is the best way to get that.

I’d like to see sample start and end points(with modulation if possible), round robins, looping with crossfading and slicing. Sfz import would be nice too. I don’t need it, but it would open up a lot of possibilities.

I think the biggest thing would be easy sample export and import. Easy import features because who wants to spend forever loading samples by hand. MDrummer has a fairly good method though, so I’m not too worried about this.

Sample export is what I’d most interested in. Something that could quickly spit out multiple wave files based of different notes, velocities, etc would be useful to anyone making sample libraries or just wants to make their own samples.

Of course things like resynthesis and granular synth stuff is important, but I consider that separate from a sampler.

Oh, too ahead guys! But thanks for the pointers ;). I'll ask for them probably again in the future when I forget you already wrote it :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

vectorwarrior wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:40 pm Outside of cool stuff like granular/resynth/etc...

I'd like good control over sample selection. For example, multiple variations of the same sound that are played back in 'shuffle' mode, so variations are put in a list, each time one is played, it's removed from the list until there's none left, then the list resets.

The reason is, for my purposes (video game sound design) I dont use samplers as instruments with samples tied to keys like you guys do. I instead want a sort of 'random sample player' but with as little repetition of samples as possible. Shuffle playback is the best way to get that.
Totally my workflow, yeah, hehe. :tu:
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

+1 to Granular.
Suah as 'The Mangle (Sound-Guru)' and 'Quanta (Audio Damage)'...
Ambient artist and sound designer to get chickens.
http://www.weatherm.net/

Bitwig has a nice new mode on their sampler.
It has a wavetable type slice mode. It tries to detect where all the single cycles are and slices them at these points.
Then you can scan through it like you would use a wavetable. It works well.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Return to “MeldaProduction”