MRhythmizer - how to control sequences via MIDI (in Logic Pro X)?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I know you can achieve a setup where pressing keys on your MIDI keyboard will change which sequence is currently being played in MRthythmizer.

I'm struggling to work out how to do it in Logic Pro X
I could really do with a step by step guide (including creating the channels).
Can anyone help?

I'm going to reply to myself as I finally figured it out :)

EASY TUTORIAL: How to Control MRhythmizer via MIDI / KEYS

If you already have a track that you want to apply this to, skip the setup:

SETUP (If you are setting this up from scratch:)
1. Create a new Logic Pro project.
2. Add a track, (select: “Software Instrument”)
3. Pick your favourite synth & create some beautiful music.

LINKING
3. Add another track, (select: “Empty Channel Strip”)
4. Press the “Instrument” button on the Inspector panel of this new track and load MRhythmizer onto it …
(IMPORTANT: MRhythmizer is being loaded into an INSTRUMENT SLOT, not an AUDIO FX slot - you'll find it under the 'Instruments' dropdown, under a sub-folder called 'AU MIDI-Controlled Effects' ).
5. Create some MIDI notes on this second channel (between C0 and B0)
6. Open up the MRhythmizer plugin and locate the “side chain” dropdown (top-right)
7. Set the Side Chain to be the track with your music on it.
8. Press Play

Now you can trigger MRhythmizer sequences via MIDI notes and have them affect whatever music track you like :)
Last edited by zestyO on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

:clap:

(in Logic the MIDI routing is just super crazy I'm afraid...)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

It's actually very simple. Audio or instrument on one track, MRhythmizer on another track, set sidechain -- done!

Neat. I tried it in Bitwig and it works the same way as other audio processing plugins that can take MIDI commands, by putting the plugin in a group track and the audio as part of that group. A side-chain might also work, but I tried it that way. The group is set to receive MIDI input from the MIDI keyboard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

@MeldaProduction Ha, as a developer I can imagine it probably is a nightmare. As a user, thankfully you've implemented a nice easy setup. As you know I've been chatting to Luke and this info is in the documentation after all (but it's a 100 page manual with no index, and so I missed it ;))

zestyO wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:04 pm @MeldaProduction Ha, as a developer I can imagine it probably is a nightmare. As a user, thankfully you've implemented a nice easy setup. As you know I've been chatting to Luke and this info is in the documentation after all (but it's a 100 page manual with no index, and so I missed it ;))
Yeah, all the DAWs make the plugin dev lifes a horror, unless these are compressors with a few knobs, which is the case for most plugins on the market :D. When you need just a little bit more advanced stuff (don't even remind me stuff like resizable GUI or surround support...), there is always a pack of "black sheep" DAWs :D...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I am using Mrhtyimizer in logic, and I do not have the option to insert it as an instrument. I can only insert it as an effect. Is there a way to route the midi to just the effect?
Thanks!

Under the 'Instruments' dropdown, look at the very bottom. You should have a section called 'AU MIDI-Controlled Effects' and you should find it there. I get the confusion & I'll edit my previous post for clarification :)

Return to “MeldaProduction”