Computer Keyboard as Midi Controller MSF

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I often use the Computer Keyboard to play MSF (or any synth) during sounddesign stage... but there are a view Synth/FX that "steal" the keyboard input...(iZotope is a nightmare in this field :x ) In the melda plugins this problem is almost non-existent (only when opening pop-up windows)

This wasn´t a problem for me so far, but since i use MSF I encounter this problem more often... because of the Envelope and/or LFO windows (they´re pop-ups)... it would be amazing if the keyboard input wouldn´t be stolen even with the pop-ups open... it would be super convenient to play the keyboard and adjust the envelopes at the same time... :love:

So now you may say, i should use a MidiKeyboard... but I´m 100% in the Box, have no Hardware and by all means I´m no live musician... (I play intermediate the Piano so i know my way arround a keyboard) but nowadays I design songs, I don`t play them... so I "program" mostly in the sequencer but during sound-design I play the "QWERTZ-Keyboard"... and don´t see the need for a waste of space infront of me...
Last edited by operator on Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone knows more than I do...

I used my PC keyboard for quite some time, but, at some point, decided to buy a very small MIDI keyboard, because, as you say, there's problems with focus, and, apart from that, it's much more comfortable to have a keyboard. Mine only cost 41 €, and, as i mentioned, it's very small. https://m-audio.de/keystation-mini-32-mkii

Actually, i use it more often than my 49-key regular keyboard, simply because i have to build that one up every time i want to play. And, i often found myself operating the soft synth's parameters with a mouse anyway.

I have an IPad/Phone with TouchOSC and Custom MidiKeyboard Layout... so I already have an alternative but thanks for the tip... :hug:

YES I agree.... Mouse is a great controller... especially for recording automations, i find it better than with (cheap) potentiometer (drawing automation with Surface Pen comes in second)
Last edited by operator on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

I used to use the virtual MIDI keyboard in Cubase. That one wasn't prone to lose focus with VST's. The one in Studio One, though, is.

TBH, i don't think there's many third party alternatives. Only thing that comes to my mind is this one: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/virtua ... rd-by-4drx I have no idea how it is, though.

Thanks for the introduction, maybe someday it will be helpfull... :hug: But to be honest I hope Vojtech can arrange something... because I rather would like to avoid this Virtual Keyboard VST... :)
A seperate VST only for Keyboard input seems counterproductive... for me it´s all about workflow optimization and eliminating barriers...

sorry double post....
Last edited by operator on Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

sorry tripple post... :dog:

Thanks for the feedback, we'll see ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:44 pm Thanks for the feedback, we'll see ;)
Thanks... :) :wink:

Return to “MeldaProduction”