Any news on Mixrevolutuon?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

_TIP_ wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:24 am SFZ is a must have for a decent sampler those days, every major sampler on the market supports SFZ, even soft synths like VPS Avenger, Synthmaster or Wusik Station supports it. Personally i don't care about the filters, Envelopes, LFO's, FX, etc... opcodes, just the mapping part is more than enough, the rest we can handle it internally in MSF. Please Vojteck, trust what the most of us telling you about the *.SFZ format, can't get easier to understand it than "dnbaers" example...

Code: Select all

<group>
ampeg_release=0.1

<region> sample=waves\ST Old Pad 042.wav
lokey=0
hikey=43
pitch_keycenter=42

<region> sample=waves\ST Old Pad 045.wav
lokey=44
hikey=46
pitch_keycenter=45
Thanks!
Importing stuff like this shouldn't be a problem, we'll see. I fear the endless supply of feature requests with this though, which I'll deny and some haters will scream, classic :)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:36 am Importing stuff like this shouldn't be a problem, we'll see.
An import capability would certainly satisfy the desire to be able to utilize exisiting SFZ files (which some people have a lot of). For non-SFZ multi-sample audio file collections, you will still need a way to specify how the files are distributed with respect to key number, velocity and are associated with a root note (if not in the metadata). SFZ already has that worked out. But if you want to invent XMSML (extended multi-sample markup language) ... hey why not? :)

I suppose somebody has actually already done that, but I've seen no evidence that such is the case.

Hehe :D. No languages for that :o :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I just purchased MSoundFactory and am curious if there is any documentation about how I would go about in order to import SFZ samples. I just watched Chandler’s video so I know it is possible. What I’d like to find out is to what extent round robins are supported, and other SFZ functions / opcodes. Any information on it or pointers towards some documentation would be very welcome.

The import function is still quite basic at the moment. Key, Keyranges, Pitch, Velocity Map, Loop Points and so on. Sequences have not worked on import so far I think, although the melda sequencer offers that in itself, also random selection of the sequence.
I hope this will be added.

Edit: Oh no, it work's fine! Import work's correctly, and you can choos between Random, Rond-robin and Manuel (under "Advanced").
Under Region you choose only Import SFZ, that's all. What more do you need?

OK, Mr V! Can you at least maybe let us know if an AI EQ is in the works before I spend $90 on one? 🙂

I don’t believe anymore in the mixing revolution. I think it’s 3-5 years this s up the first time.
I think you’re talking about the release smarteq 3. Did you try it? To me that’s also not the revolution, why? Cause it doesn’t know what you want, which genre you’re working at. It handles every signal in the same way, but that’s not the human behaviour. It’s getting better and a good starting point, but not where it could be in my imagination. Maybe it’s still too early for this kind of ai technology or they want us to buy and buy and buy updates. Who cares.
We should learn mixing and trust our ears and not any ai.

Svama wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:53 am I think you’re talking about the release smarteq 3. Did you try it? To me that’s also not the revolution, why? Cause it doesn’t know what you want, which genre you’re working at. It handles every signal in the same way, but that’s not the human behaviour.
actually, it kinda is. the overall mix balance is a creative choice, but there are certain things that people tend to do regardless of which genre they're working on, regardless of which instruments they're mixing. it's not like you'd pick a guitar signal and notch 2KHz for one genre, and do a +10dB boost for another. real variation between human choices, even genre-specific ones, is much smaller than posts like yours seem to imply. essentially, your argument here is, "it can't read my mind, therefore it is completely useless".

seriously, it makes me think you've never mixed anything in your life if you think that humans make choices so wildly different when mixing that it's pointless to even try to approximate them. that's not even remotely true. in fact, this same argument would completely invalidate any kind of "learn to mix" courses, because, well, everyone does things differently, so why bother. there's a reason people "learn to mix" - a lot of times, it has to do with solving technical issues with the source, and training your ears at hearing these issues in order to identify and fix them. in a lot of cases, 10 out of 10 competent engineers would arrive at roughly the same result. and it's this result that these tools are trying to approximate.
Svama wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:53 am It’s getting better and a good starting point, but not where it could be in my imagination. Maybe it’s still too early for this kind of ai technology or they want us to buy and buy and buy updates. Who cares.
posts like these entirely miss the point of AI-assisted tools.

they are not meant to replace what you do, they're meant to assist you, and automate the boring tasks. how many hours of your life did you spend setting up yet another HP/LP, balancing out the resonances, fixing frequency collisions? i certainly have spent a lot of time doing that. if there's a tool that helps me spend less time mixing, why the fsck would i ever say no to that? tools like smart EQ, or MtM MIXROOM/BASSROOM, or TBProAudio DSEQ, and others, are amazing help, and the fact that they don't do 100% of the job, perfectly, every time, is entirely irrelevant. they're not there to do that. they're there to take the tedium out of things that are tedious, and let you concentrate on actual creative process. like you said, "good starting point". that's the point. embrace it.
Svama wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:53 am We should learn mixing and trust our ears and not any ai.
"we should learn to play an instrument instead of creating music with a mouse". this statement is meaningless demagoguery.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Svama wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:53 am I don’t believe anymore in the mixing revolution. I think it’s 3-5 years this s up the first time.
I think you’re talking about the release smarteq 3. Did you try it? To me that’s also not the revolution, why? Cause it doesn’t know what you want, which genre you’re working at. It handles every signal in the same way, but that’s not the human behaviour. It’s getting better and a good starting point, but not where it could be in my imagination. Maybe it’s still too early for this kind of ai technology or they want us to buy and buy and buy updates. Who cares.
We should learn mixing and trust our ears and not any ai.
Oh, I don’t think that’s the revolution lol. I am interested in learning more with it and speeding up mixing though. Plus I like new tech, I’m a techie. I was just curious to know if Melda had such a release in the works.

As for this whole Mix Revolution idea - I think it is a fun discussion even if it never happens. It helps us dream up possibilities. Sparks the imagination.

It's dead on arrival, if it happens at all. But I see it similar to Burillo. Those tools are not meant to do the work for you but to guide you or give you hints. And there are already tools doing that in the here and now. It's precious time wasted and projects missed waiting for something like the Mixrevolution. Go ahead and use the tools we have right now, make music :)

Interesting discussion. Personally, I'm still on the phase of using conventional non-AI tools. Despite this, I'm pretty excited about these assistant options. My reason is that I agree machines are great at doing menial tasks and highlighting conventional options.

Edit: This 'dead on arrival' comment got me thinking. I disagree with that. No plugin is DOA because there are so many ways current tools can be superseded.

Critical thinking is valuable; particularly when offered with ideas for continuance, as you've done. Who knows? Saying that might motivate Melda to make it great. However, I try to be cautious when making negative predictions. It's far more easy to step in potholes when you're on the dark side of the street.

Hexspa wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:21 pm Edit: This 'dead on arrival' comment got me thinking. I disagree with that. No plugin is DOA because there are so many ways current tools can be superseded.

Critical thinking is valuable; particularly when offered with ideas for continuance, as you've done. Who knows? Saying that might motivate Melda to make it great. However, I try to be cautious when making negative predictions. It's far more easy to step in potholes when you're on the dark side of the street.
I too think it's DOA. For the simple reason that it has been "hyped" by melda himself and through questions form the community over a long period of itme in a way that can never be fulfilled. You know, "we guys are doing mixes wrong for decades", using "prehistoric tools and methods". The only solution that will make heaven come true is this -still non existing- super product that is better than anything on this planet anyways.

I've heard that quite some time in audio industry and more often from melda. Well, didn't turn out that way :lol:

Maybe you're right. I'm kind of new here so I'm not jaded yet :) Cheers.

So has Mixrevolution actually came out???I can't believe we are still waiting ....
Sam-U wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:15 pm
Hexspa wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:21 pm Edit: This 'dead on arrival' comment got me thinking. I disagree with that. No plugin is DOA because there are so many ways current tools can be superseded.

I too think it's DOA. For the simple reason that it has been "hyped" by melda himself and through questions form the community over a long period of itme in a way that can never be fulfilled. You know, "we guys are doing mixes wrong for decades", using "prehistoric tools and methods". The only solution that will make heaven come true is this -still non existing- super product that is better than anything on this planet anyways.

I've heard that quite some time in audio industry and more often from melda. Well, didn't turn out that way :lol:

Sometimes projects like these are called "work in progress". I'd always think of it though, as a "concept in progress" and so when a mention comes out, it becomes a forum thread always to closely check. It's been fun and quite interesting thought provoking.

It acts as a flying kite one is carrying along, a perspective where to catch plausible winds... that uh Oh! with each new function guess it seems to fly higher and farther.
True also to the views and takes expressed above, it has taken time and I sense its puzzling pieces have not yet been all found, but we have this community :idea: and Vojtech :violin:, so I wouldn't let go the thread that fast.

Return to “MeldaProduction”