Melda VST3 with auto disable function

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are quite a few plugins out there that have the VST3 function "disable when no audio is present".
This saves CPU and Memory.
UHE have a reverb that does this. "Protoverb"
I have 35 instances of this reverb turned on and no CPU or Memory is used till I put Audio thru it.
This is incredible. It speeds up the process so much where you don't have to switch plugins on a bus in and out to save CPU and Memory.
The question for Vojtech is obviously will Melda step into the 21st century and implement this function.
Spencer

I thought this is a part of VST3 in general. Never tested it with Melda plugins, but will do.

Improved Performance
Managing large plug-in sets and multiple virtual instruments on typical studio computer systems can often be difficult because of CPU performance limits. VST3 helps to improve overall performance by applying processing to plug-ins only when audio signals are present on their respective inputs. Instead of always processing input signals, VST3 plug-ins can apply their processing economically and only when it is needed.

afaik, this is not an automatic behavior for vst3, but must still be implemented by the developer.

I'll check.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

...that would be a sweet addition if you can pull it off... :)
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

It really is the Laptop generation that needs this with most restricted to 32 gig of ram and not the biggest processors.
Especially now with this virus, recording and mixing is being limited to not going to studios and using the bigger computers.
Spencer

Steinberg just recommended to leave this option off in Cubase and changed their default setting for it.

spencerlee wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:46 am It really is the Laptop generation that needs this with most restricted to 32 gig of ram and not the biggest processors.
Especially now with this virus, recording and mixing is being limited to not going to studios and using the bigger computers.
Spencer
It also affects those who do not have access to bigger computers at all. From a software design perspective, I think it is best practice to use as few resources as possible, i.e. CPU power, networking bandwidth, memory etc.

Being tied to my laptop as many hobbyists and semi-pros, I would appreciate this if it is feasible from an overall perspective and does not introduce any disadvantages.

As said before i believe this is a part of normal VST3 specs, but Steinberg are currently asking users to disable this feature in Cubase due to it causing spikes and performance problems in general.

I am using Studio One and having no problems with the plugins I am running.
Maybe they screwed up in Cubase.
Spencer

stripealipe wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:41 am As said before i believe this is a part of normal VST3 specs, but Steinberg are currently asking users to disable this feature in Cubase due to it causing spikes and performance problems in general.
Irony, thy name is Steinberg :)

Are you still testing? Can´t use Meldaproduction like other VST3 plugins on huge projects, that´s really sad. Would be great, if Melda plugins wouldn´t use CPU if there is no input signal.
Thanks

Return to “MeldaProduction”