Melda plugin host request

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would love to be able to apply all of the Melda modulation and multiband magic to my other VSTs and incorporate them into MXXX etc. Has a Melda plugin host ever been discussed? Even just to make custom multiband compressors etc.

Thx :pray:

GusGranite wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:50 pm I would love to be able to apply all of the Melda modulation and multiband magic to my other VSTs and incorporate them into MXXX etc. Has a Melda plugin host ever been discussed? Even just to make custom multiband compressors etc.

it will to make MXXX (or MXXXCore) more multi-purpose. i agree. i thought about it to, that it would be an addition. do i really, really miss it (have still MXXXCore, some plugins i don't have, but soon... all..)?
but why not? melda is in a way a closed ecosystem, which is it's advantage. the framework.

(there are other solutions, blue cat, for example. but that is also an investment. i do not need it, melda is enough, enough plugins... but still it is good question..)

WasteLand wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:38 pm
GusGranite wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:50 pm I would love to be able to apply all of the Melda modulation and multiband magic to my other VSTs and incorporate them into MXXX etc. Has a Melda plugin host ever been discussed? Even just to make custom multiband compressors etc.

it will to make MXXX (or MXXXCore) more multi-purpose. i agree. i thought about it to, that it would be an addition. do i really, really miss it (have still MXXXCore, some plugins i don't have, but soon... all..)?
but why not? melda is in a way a closed ecosystem, which is it's advantage. the framework.

(there are other solutions, blue cat, for example. but that is also an investment. i do not need it, melda is enough, enough plugins... but still it is good question..)
Right. I thought about the Blue Cat MB-7 and am weighing up getting it. It's actually the Waves Studiorack plugin that has got me thinking about this. I am really enjoying making custom Waves multiband compressors and saturators in it. But it got me thinking how amazing it would be if you could apply some of the Melda modulations and multiband options to the plugins.

I asked for that a while ago, but Vojtech refused because hosting VSTs would make a lot of problems. But maybe there is a compromise. When he would allow multi-out for MXXX so you could assign on each output a band. UnfilteredAudio Triad allows this - and that is cool. I don't know how many DAWs allows multi-outs for effects. It works in Bitwig studio!!

nbyte wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:54 pm I asked for that a while ago, but Vojtech refused because hosting VSTs would make a lot of problems. But maybe there is a compromise. When he would allow multi-out for MXXX so you could assign on each output a band. UnfilteredAudio Triad allows this - and that is cool. I don't know how many DAWs allows multi-outs for effects. It works in Bitwig studio!!
multi out would be most viable option. bitwig studio can do it, ableton can do it, reaper can do it. studio one also, i think. don't own studio one.
and would be a nice addition.

EDIT: the framework melda uses, is its advantage. hosting vst plugins can lead to many problems. but it could be done i think.

for modulation i have other options, for none melda-plugins.

and for instance, you mention triad, i have! i have! works great, has it's own modulation section.
with bitwig you can also modulate.. that's why i bought bitwig, not blue cat.
o wait, ableton has in its own way the same possibilities as bitwig, perhaps in a way better, or better, but less simple than in bitwig. i don't want to compare daw's. ableton i have and bitwig. both i will keep.

WasteLand wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:57 pm
nbyte wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:54 pm I asked for that a while ago, but Vojtech refused because hosting VSTs would make a lot of problems. But maybe there is a compromise. When he would allow multi-out for MXXX so you could assign on each output a band. UnfilteredAudio Triad allows this - and that is cool. I don't know how many DAWs allows multi-outs for effects. It works in Bitwig studio!!
multi out would be most viable option. bitwig studio can do it, ableton can do it, reaper can do it. studio one also, i think. don't own studio one.
I use Reaper and was playing with the JS Splitter and Joiner plugins but it's pretty limited on the options like slope etc.

GusGranite wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:01 pm
I use Reaper and was playing with the JS Splitter and Joiner plugins but it's pretty limited on the options like slope etc.
kushview element is a nice alternative, or has it no modulators? no, not yet.
voltage modular is an alternative. i use it. does not mean it is everyones taste.

WasteLand wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:21 pm
GusGranite wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:01 pm
kushview element is a nice alternative, or has it no modulators? no, not yet.
voltage modular is an alternative. i use it. does not mean it is everyones taste.
Is Element free? Haven't seen this option.

I think Melda would rather build plugins as part of their product range rather than support their competitors, can't say I blame them really. It has been asked before and Vojtech said 'no'... it's a business decision that makes sense if you look at it from their perspective.

Exactly. If it could host other plugins there would be no reason to buy in the melda universe anymore. I personall never would use one brand exclusively.

I use other modular plugins and as long as these are able to host the 1 or 2 melda plugins I use from the free bundle, I see no reason to buy the multiband versions or even MXXX either :D

Magnut wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:23 pm Exactly. If it could host other plugins there would be no reason to buy in the melda universe anymore. I personall never would use one brand exclusively.

I use other modular plugins and as long as these are able to host the 1 or 2 melda plugins I use from the free bundle, I see no reason to buy the multiband versions or even MXXX either :D
Right. No-one uses just one brand of plugins (that I’ve ever met). That’s kinda the point. But I totally get the walled garden business argument. Same as Waves with StudioRack. I think Blue Cat MB-7 is probably the way to go!

To control other plugins, I think you can MCC Generator. I haven't had the occasion to
actually use it, so I'm not sure how it works. But I'm pretty sure that you use it on plugins
that accept MIDI CC's.
I'm betting that somebody else will chime in with more details, but hopefully this is up
your alley.

sirmonkey wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:16 am To control other plugins, I think you can MCC Generator. I haven't had the occasion to
actually use it, so I'm not sure how it works. But I'm pretty sure that you use it on plugins
that accept MIDI CC's.
I'm betting that somebody else will chime in with more details, but hopefully this is up
your alley.
in this forum there is some video guide, i think for MCCGenerator, for this purpose.

Beside some technical issues their could make the VST hosting only available in MXXX. In MXXX you own every Melda effect plugin.

Return to “MeldaProduction”