Transient behaviour of digital static eqs

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Vojtech,

you´ve added the transient feature to dynamic equalizers, but why not for static eqs. To me this is where analog often sounds better than the digital eqs. Their transient behaviour is another. Is it possible to add a transient feature for the static eq? To me the digital ones react often to fast on transients. Does it make sense?

Thanks for your great work and greets,
Marek
Last edited by Svama on Mon May 24, 2021 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Marek,

I have no idea what you are talking about - it is about the dynamic behaviour, so where on earth the transients figure here? If you want to process transients themselves, simply use MTransient and make it output only transients on a parallel buss (or in MXXX ;) ).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

To me transients sounds be handled in another way by analog hardware, I don’t know why, maybe it reacts in another way? Smoother, slower? Transients with digital equing sounds a little dull. You’re the technician guru, I’m just a user.

https://youtu.be/mkTvoxi2LIY

This a great example for the difference.

The only plugin eq I know so far, which handles the transients in a good way is Balance Analog Magpha EQ plugin. This makes such a big difference soundwise. Maybe you take a look at it or better an ear.

Thanks

I'm confused - this pluygin you are talking about is an EQ... nothing to do with transients.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

You’re right, but EQs also alter the transients.

Return to “MeldaProduction”