Using demo presets in my songs - Mandolin

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed that the mandolin sounds I get are not nearly as nice sounding as what I hear in the Bucket Brigade Demo. To help understand why, I loaded up the demo. Sounds great! Saved the settings away as a preset. Loaded up my song. Loaded in that preset. And WHOA! Sounds even worse. Mostly muted, chop-style sounds. I can sorta hear the melody via the harmonics or resonance or something. I went back to the demo and loaded the saved preset back in and it's fine in the demo. I did this to try to figure out what's going on.
1) Simplified the "Play" settings so that everything is unmapped except for Sustain (velocity: 0 -> 127). No change.
2) "Strum" settings are empty.
3) "Chord" settings are empty.
4) "Tone" settings, everything is OFF - which is what I did in the Bucket Brigade Demo so I could hear the raw samples - still sounded great in the demo. But no change in my song.
5) "Settings", still mucking around in there but nothing seems out of the ordinary.

My song uses no keyswitches or hammer-on or pull-offs. Pretty straightforward. Any ideas what's going on? Could the demo be using some sort of Kontact scripting that isn't saved with the preset?
HELP Please! :help:

It turns out when I move from Enable Pick Modeling to disabled Pick Modeling the sounds gets all messed up. A bug?

So, I turn Pick Modeling back on and as I move the slider from Neck to Middle the sound goes from nice to very poor and choppy. When I continue moving the slider from Middle to Bridge the sound returns to normal again. Probably the same bug. It seems the Middle / Disabled position stops working once you Enable Pick Modeling.

Unless I'm missing something? Has anyone mentioned this before? It doesn't seem like I'm using this in some obtuse way.

I just tried it on my end and the pick position works fine. Once enabled, if you move it towards the bridge, it starts getting really bright and plucky sounding, until you mostly hear the attacks of the notes and not as much sustain. Towards the neck, it sounds more hollow and open sounding. If you put the control right in the middle, you should get pretty much the same tone as when the pick modeling is disabled.

That being said, is there any chance you could send me an audio example so I can hear what you mean by it sounding messed up? That would give me a better idea of what could be going on.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hi Greg, after you've enabled Pick Modeling, please 1) disable it and see how it sounds, then 2) enable it again and see if it still behaves properly. Thank you!

I re-downloaded the library (as I mentioned in another thread about my F5 and F#5 problems) and the new download fixed this problem as well! I can enable/disable pick modeling with no issues. The middle pick position stays sounding nice. Thanks for the suggestion!

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”