dugtunes

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
dug
KVRist
42 posts since 6 Feb, 2017

Post Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:29 pm

Thanks wags.

dug
KVRist

Re: dugtunes

Post Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:51 pm

deleted
Last edited by dug on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes
KVRAF
13391 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:36 pm

The problem is everything in the rhythm section is in the center of the stereo spectrum. Nothing is spread out. It's like in a box. In addition to that, with no EQ on the tracks in question, it's very dull sounding. Now the lead sounds are a little better. They at least have a little air to them. The drums are especially dead. Compression, EQ, a little plate reverb on them. It'll make a huge difference. Also, the drums need to be mixed louder in the mix. You can barely make them out.

Do you have the stems for this song? If you do, get a dropbox account (it's free) and put each track (the wav file) up on dropbox and I'll download the stems and show you what I'm talking about. Given that the sounds themselves don't sound that great there is probably only so much I can do but you will notice a difference.

dug
KVRist

Post Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Not sure what a stem is. I would have to make a song for each track and export it.
Wags do you know when most of the old type midi files where made?

dug
KVRist

Post Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:25 pm

This is why I am asking but I don't have the reaper files anymore. Just the old midi and this wave file. Good practice to redo these old midi files.
deleted
Last edited by dug on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

wagtunes
KVRAF
13391 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:44 pm

dug wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:55 pm
Not sure what a stem is. I would have to make a song for each track and export it.
Wags do you know when most of the old type midi files where made?
MIDI goes back to the 80s. The standard hasn't changed since day 1. So whatever MIDI file was around back then will work the same way today.

A stem is a single track from a group of tracks. So if you have a song that is piano, bass, drums, trumpet, each instrument would make a stem. You'd have to export them out as individual files instead of one wav file containing all the sounds. Just export as you're doing now but export only one track from the entire project at a time. So if you have 4 tracks, you'll have 4 stems.

dug
KVRist

Post Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:57 pm

Traction 7 for free. Now they want to sell me wave 9 for 45. Lot of features in that program.
https://soundcloud.com/user-383703517/trac

dug
KVRist

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:54 pm

deleted

Return to “Music Cafe”