KVR Music Tracker

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
rkg456
KVRer
24 posts since 13 Apr, 2012 from Kannapolis, NC, USA

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Is this thing working? I just created a new thread in the Music Cafe and posted links to my stuff, but the http://www.kvraudio.com/music.php page does not appear to be updating.

It has been over an hour since I posted the first song link, but refreshing that page does not show them. My forum thread is http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1#p5611851 if you want to reference the items that are not showing up.

User avatar
farlukar
KVRAF
5949 posts since 18 Apr, 2004

Re: KVR Music Tracker

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:35 pm

rkg456 wrote:Is this thing working? I just created a new thread in the Music Cafe and posted links to my stuff, but the http://www.kvraudio.com/music.php page does not appear to be updating.
The tracker only works on direct links to mp3/ogg/wma files, no soundcloud …

User avatar
folderol
KVRAF
4739 posts since 5 Aug, 2006 from UK - Here!

Re: KVR Music Tracker

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Hmmm.
I put up a couple of tracks yesterday ogg & mp3 but neither of them are showing :(
Odder and odder.
One Remmy put up an hour later is showing :o
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)

rkg456
KVRer
24 posts since 13 Apr, 2012 from Kannapolis, NC, USA

Re: KVR Music Tracker

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:15 pm

Hey thanks. the tracks I upload to SoundCloud are MP3s. I didn't realize that during the upload it changed it to something else. Sorry about that.

User avatar
oxebe
KVRist
118 posts since 15 Jun, 2007 from Poland

Re: KVR Music Tracker

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:02 am

folderol wrote:Hmmm.
I put up a couple of tracks yesterday ogg & mp3 but neither of them are showing :(
Same problem here. I put direct link without spaces to mp3 in the thread on 16Dec http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=400987, but it didn't appear on the Tracker :( while one other from 17Dec is on the list. Initially I put https in the link to Archive.org where mp3 is stored, could this be a reason? Now I switched to http. I don't know how frequently Music Tracker is refreshing the search, once par day maybe? Or did I any other thing wrong with the link? If someone could help... Appreciated in advance.
: : vokje : : oxebe : :

User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
9039 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Re: KVR Music Tracker

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:23 am

oxebe wrote:
folderol wrote:Hmmm.
I put up a couple of tracks yesterday ogg & mp3 but neither of them are showing :(
Same problem here. I put direct link without spaces to mp3 in the thread on 16Dec http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=400987, but it didn't appear on the Tracker :( while one other from 17Dec is on the list. Initially I put https in the link to Archive.org where mp3 is stored, could this be a reason? Now I switched to http. I don't know how frequently Music Tracker is refreshing the search, once par day maybe? Or did I any other thing wrong with the link? If someone could help... Appreciated in advance.
Same here. I posted a track last Monday 20th Jan which doesn't show up in the Tracker. the URL format appears to jive with the format I used prior to the forum upgrade. Some kind of glitch?

User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
9039 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Re: KVR Music Tracker

Post Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:45 pm

I just had a quick look through recent posts, It appears that tracks posted using the "alternative text" option will no longer show up in the tracker. URL delimiters which only contain the link to the track (without any accompanying text) will appear in the tracker.

User avatar
folderol
KVRAF
4739 posts since 5 Aug, 2006 from UK - Here!

Re: KVR Music Tracker

Post Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:03 pm

Curious.
I've just 'opened out' my latest one to see what happens - just the mp3 link.

Mind you, it might not work with an exisitng post :?
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)

User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
9039 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Re: KVR Music Tracker

Post Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:12 pm

I think the link has to be setup that way when the script first scans the post after creation. My last track went AWOL, but I'm probably going to post a new track tomorrow. Let's see how that goes without the extra annotation.

User avatar
oxebe
KVRist
118 posts since 15 Jun, 2007 from Poland

Re: KVR Music Tracker

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:59 pm

Okay, that's something! If I have some new stuff I'll post it without alternative text. Many thanks Seismic for your investigation! :)
: : vokje : : oxebe : :

User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
9039 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Re: KVR Music Tracker

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:08 pm

I never had time to post that new track. Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday.

User avatar
Ben [KVR]
Mr KVR
1272 posts since 23 Oct, 2000 from Newport Pagnell, UK
KVR Audio

Re: KVR Music Tracker

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:23 am

This should be fixed now. Let me know if it still misses tracks.

User avatar
Ben [KVR]
Mr KVR
1272 posts since 23 Oct, 2000 from Newport Pagnell, UK
KVR Audio

Re: KVR Music Tracker

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:16 am

It should pick up SoundCloud tracks now (although they won't be added to the playlists, obviously).

https is now OK too.

User avatar
folderol
KVRAF
4739 posts since 5 Aug, 2006 from UK - Here!

Re: KVR Music Tracker

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:53 pm

Thanks a lot Ben.
... now I just have to get composing again :roll:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)

Darko A.
KVRist
47 posts since 7 Apr, 2009 from Belgrade, Serbia

Re: KVR Music Tracker

Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:54 pm

Does the script gathers songs from contest topics or is it setup to pull tracks only from first posts?

Thanks

Return to “Music Cafe”