[ runagate ] sweat delerious trembling before the universe

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For those in the throes of entheogenic exstasis...
or who've travelled the hyperdimension of self-transforming emtelechies enough to have bitten off a chunk which now forever resides in your mindscape, accessible through headphones
8)

runagate - Peaking In Sponge ogg

Do not feel obligated to listen to this unhinged ditty.
Feel welcome to offer career advice or vituperant criticisms whenever you feel the urge.

Download size: 7.41 Mb
ogg quality: "5" in Audacity
Length of track: 6:28
Genre: peaking psychedellic program music
  • These chains of VST instruments and effects were co-conspirators in making this composition:

Novuzeit's The Hands Of Darkness Clenched > runagate's Narcissus + Echo > dover666's resinmental

dover666's Secowbell (automated decay) & Gregjazz's Clap VSTi (automated variance) > BJ Wavechanger 3 (automated octave) > arcDev Ghidrah (midi note control + automated pitch) > MB-plugin's SynceDelay > cornb's Thaw (automated most parameters) > dover666's Quiet

EVM Incubus & tweakbench's dropout > martin-brinkmann's morf1 > Darrell Tam's DtBlkFxStereo > DtBlkFxMono (automated spectral effects) > AriesCode's AriesVerb 0.3 (automated degrees, time and other parameters)

KarmaFx Synth > wakax's Minnie Mouse > NUSofting's Kaotica (automated manual encryption)

Gregjazz's Throat Singing (automated overtone pitch, Khoomei type and Harmonic Intensity) & FPC > DtBlkFxStereo >

ConcreteFX's LowBit > Antress's ModernCompressor > Odo's myfx afm > Preamp VST > braindoc's Stereo-Flanger > daicehawk's TubeDriver VST > BJ Wavechanger 3 (automated octave)

FPC > Transvaal Audio's Lost Technology

Liqih's Acidome beta >

Ugo's Rez 2.0 > darkware's Mister Mutilator > Ugo's Metallurgy > elongax's Kriptonia (encryption automated)

KarmaFx Synth second > wakax's Minnie Mouse (automated harmonies) > Novuzeit's Motile (automated x-y controls) > NUSofting's Kaotica (automated many parameters)

BuzzRizerLight was used to mix the spectrally-vocoded Throat Singing/FPC drums track and the final mixdown.
Try not to get too carried away or you may drown.
Last edited by runagate on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

8) d/l'ing now, back later tonight. I really dig the synth/fx chain list :) I would love to see it more habit around here. So much to learn!
..what goes around comes around..

ouroboros wrote:8) d/l'ing now, back later tonight. I really dig the synth/fx chain list :) I would love to see it more habit around here. So much to learn!
Indeed. What begat this was showing a friend the new freeware VSTs I happened to be installing that I had downloaded this week from various KVR threads.

I almost always post the instrument and effects chains I use in songs. Can't hurt to promote my Dev friends' hard work and generosity, and I certainly don't think I need to go around hiding how I got the sounds I've come up with as no one would want to use them anyways 8)

Here's what I posted about this on my myspace blog if anyone's interested in the production techniques used I'm always open to questions.

Anybody else having a hard time downloading this? I keep getting a server error. :?

bobsled wrote:Anybody else having a hard time downloading this? I keep getting a server error. :?
I'm not getting any server errors, but had to cancel download as it was coming in at 4k a second.
其余的是噪音

I just uploaded this.
The link will only last a week if I recall correctly, but yousendit and other places are bogging down terribly on the weekends recently.

http://download.yousendit.com/4A2258334D2F9017

direct download?

404 with both of those. :shock:

Thanks Runagate - the YouSendIt link works fine for me - 470k a second :D
bobsled wrote:404 with both of those. :shock:

Looks like it might be a problem with your ISP Bobsled :(

Cheers

Steve
其余的是噪音

Went back to the first link, listening now. :D

the most completely insane piece i've ever heard at kvr. must listening for seekers of negative enlightenment. hideously twisted genius.

Wow. That was intense.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

The first part sounds like a madman bashing a lego wall with a pixilated towel. Refreshingly senseless. But by the fourth minute I find myself asking are the machines taking over this guy? Who is in control? And it's very interesting that the music can provoke these kinds of questions… and maybe that's the point... I can listen to this over and over and really enjoy it…does this mean I'm ill? All I would suggest is a complete change in dynamics around the 4 minute mark, a really defined structural shit...but this may defeat the whole organic at times random nature of your music though... so I would say just please, keep up the good work. It appears what I've just said is constructive and deconstructive simultaneously, sorry Runagate, that doesn't help a lot I know...

rachmiel wrote:the most completely insane piece i've ever heard at kvr. must listening for seekers of negative enlightenment.
I'm not sure what negative enlightenment is but it's gotta be a good sign to be the most insane 8)

synthgeek wrote:Wow. That was intense.
:hihi:
corman rapeblio wrote:The first part sounds like a madman bashing a lego wall with a pixilated towel.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
corman rapeblio wrote:But by the fourth minute I find myself asking are the machines taking over this guy? Who is in control? And it's very interesting that the music can provoke these kinds of questions… and maybe that's the point... I can listen to this over and over and really enjoy it…does this mean I'm ill?
Probably. Some people's minds enjoy overwhelming complexity and dizzying metamorphoses. Which brings me to:
corman rapeblio wrote:All I would suggest is a complete change in dynamics around the 4 minute mark, a really defined structural shit...but this may defeat the whole organic at times random nature of your music though... so I would say just please, keep up the good work. It appears what I've just said is constructive and deconstructive simultaneously, sorry Runagate, that doesn't help a lot I know...
Indeed, I wish there were dynamics at all but due to the nature of rendering things that I can't even preview without crashing the host and the tiny amount of hard disk space (60 Gb) on my laptop the machine is indeed taking over - not my mind but the restrictions of what I can do with the audio.

I'd never make a song this linear if I didn't have such restrictions.
corman rapeblio wrote:It appears what I've just said is constructive and deconstructive simultaneously, sorry Runagate, that doesn't help a lot I know...
Hehe don't worry about that. That's why I'm not ever really looking for constructive criticism - there's simply nothing I can do to change the song now, and there's way too much compression (though not as much as you might think) in order to get the elements to hang together as well as they do.

Besides, I'm open to actually insulting comments, always. No skin off my teeth. I realize I make some worrisome audio ;)

I hope you didn't consider my review insulting?!! Also.. you need a new computer, no excuses.. I've been in that frustrating limitation zone, spent a long time there, you not got a job?? a fast comp can be pretty cheap these days.

Return to “Music Cafe”