spice this up! a call for solos (final mix is up!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

check it out!

yesterday I sat down at the keyboard and played around a bit. It seems I had one of those "idea" moments again where, within 15 minutes I had the rough sketch of a cool funky song going. I refined it a bit, but what it really needs is "melodious decoration!".

This is where you come in!

Whether you do vocals, guitar, flute, organ, whistle or synth, just tune in and add you solo to this piece! Just download the WAV or FLAC, have it play in a loop and play your instrument to it. Then upload your solo and I'll mix it all together in a wonderful KVR solo collaboration song!

upload your solo here (Just the solo, not mixed with my track)

Here is the song

The funk (MP3) 1.6 MB
The funk (WAV) 15 MB
The funk (FLAC) 8.5 MB

I'm looking forward to YOUR solo!

Jakob

*UPDATE*

Final mix is done!
Last edited by jakob on Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Hey,

Nice track ! :)

I hope you find someone who can play the saxophone. I guess not all instruments are equally fitting for a solo part in that style of music given that the e-piano and organ part have already been recorded...

FLAC was acting weird for some reason. First it let me D/L 511k, then 1.5MB... are you in the middle of uploading it still? ;)

Yeah, sorry, please download again.

I re-uploaded to have the organ in there only the first time around (sort of as a demo). The other two times it's only rhodes and drums, giving soloists maximum freedom, I hope!
Last edited by jakob on Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

very nice, very funky
my sig will go here

Very nice.
What instruments did you use?

http://files.filefront.com/rockthefunkm ... einfo.html

quick rock solo.

might try again in a bit with less distortion...

:ud:

WoJ

The best impro's are done in one single take !
Here is mine, if you think it's good enough, pm me & i'll send you a link to the wav file
Kara's impro

kara wrote:The best impro's are done in one single take !
no, the best solo's are cut n spliced together from f**ked up takes...:hihi:

you know im right! ;)

that one isn't ;) and not after 30 years of playing live :D

BTW? I heard your playing style, we would kill each other on stage :))
But TBH I liked it, a lot

Cool solos, kara and WoJ! Thanks! Btw, can I ask you to post just your recordings, without the original tracks? That'll make it easier to mix 'em all together.

Oh and WoJ, I'd love to hear a version with a bit less distortion, even though I liked this take a lot :tu:

Absolutely first take (a bit unpolished and a couple of errors). If you want it PM me. Can record a few takes more too.
www.artmaster.gr/zeoy/jacobs_funk.mp3
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

chardin wrote:Very nice.
What instruments did you use?
Thanks!

Instruments used: sfz with jrhodes soundfont, addictive drums (demo), sampletank2 free (can you tell I like free software? :D) All mixed in energyXT.

Come and join the fun! Upload webspace provided (see 1st post).

zeoy's sweeeet solo already built in! Waiting for others - will post first pre-version of the current solos mixed together soon!

WE WANT YOU IN THE KVR FUNK!

I have uploaded mine

Hi,

I uploaded a quick sax solo made with Liquid Sax VST. Nothing spectacular (I don't have the time for more sophisticated stuff right now)- I just put some preset phrases together so they would fit. Maybe they're useful to you... 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”