spice this up! a call for solos (final mix is up!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I must say, I'm impressed by the sound of the sax. Thanks for the contribution, the phrases are useful!

I have put together the solos we have so far:

Here is a preliminary mix (I got a little delay-happy, may reduce that)

Now, more solos please! Where are the synth players, bass, flute! Come on, I heard you all in the monthly contest! :D ;)

This is going to be a hell of a job to make it sound right.
At the moment it sounds like every solo has been recorded in a different room, which they are of course...

kara wrote:This is going to be a hell of a job to make it sound right.
At the moment it sounds like every solo has been recorded in a different room, which they are of course...
I dont think that the problem is where they are recorded. After all most of them are VSTi's or DI. Am I wrong? OK mine was recorded with a mic in front of an amp, but it was close miced so there was not much of the (living :hihi: ) room sound. I think Jakob was a bit over-enthusiastic with the mix. Maybe you should keep it more subtle Jakob (lots of compression, panning and reverb in some parts man :o). Just my 2 cents of course :wink:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Mine too was recorded with a mic in front of a lesly cabinet :)

kara wrote:Mine too was recorded with a mic in front of a lesly cabinet :)
there goes my argument :x

:lol:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Hehe, indeed I was overenthusiastic. The panning effect I would like to keep, though. But, like I said, it's a preliminary mix. I was just excited to put it all together. Nothing like going to the extremes a bit to test the limits and refine it from there :D

Just uploaded a synth solo. It's strange, so no worries if you don't like. Use it at your own risk! :wink:

By the way, "This is where you came in!" sounds like a great title for the song

G'day jakob,

Got your pm, and I'm going to have a go at this today - am I right in assuming the WAV is at 48?

:)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Thanks for the uploads, Watto, I love Jazz so this is gonna give the piece a great touch. :D

Diek - it seems like you just uploaded my original MP3!? Can you reupload (just your synth). And don't worry, nothing is too crazy for this!

Others: Keep posting your solos, go ahead, have a little jam session and record yourself!

jakob wrote:Diek - it seems like you just uploaded my original MP3!? Can you reupload (just your synth). And don't worry, nothing is too crazy for this!
:oops: I'm sorry, just uploading the right one.

If you want the WAV just tell me :wink:

jakob wrote:Thanks for the uploads, Watto, I love Jazz so this is gonna give the piece a great touch. :D
No probs, mate - hope they work out alright! Use the bvs sparingly, if at all!

:)

Oh, and if we can get Greg to play bass instead of me, we'd have a massively superior product :hihi: :oops:

I've got the funk! First take. It's a little sloppy but it went well.

Enjoy
Tom

http://www.ele4music.com/music/the_funk_tg.mp3

Way cool, it's really developing now. Check out the current state of things:

Here is the 2nd preliminary mix with the first 5 submitted solos

tomg, thanks for yours! sounds sweet! can you upload your recording only (nothing else), please?

D'oh! Been side-tracked. Let me add the funk tomorrow. Gotta get funky. Watto: If I'm the Greg you're referring to, I gotta say.. my bass skills are sub-par. ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”