June Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sascha Franck wrote:Being in line with rule #4 will surely break it for some folks... I can see quite some boots coming up.
Should be interesting. I'm curious if S.Hush will finally get rid of that '213-' prefix that's on all of his mp3's to avoid a boot.

Echo Voodoo wrote:
Sascha Franck wrote:Being in line with rule #4 will surely break it for some folks... I can see quite some boots coming up.
Should be interesting. I'm curious if S.Hush will finally get rid of that '213-' prefix that's on all of his mp3's to avoid a boot.
No submission from me this month. I'm going on vacation for about a week and when i get back i'll be playing ketchup.

In regards to that 213 prefix, it is something i have no control over. It's Experimedia that tags it automatically to keep track of users.

I've just read the first page of the gossip so far.

Yes, you can use anything you want for this contest, except something you've already entered.

One of my intents here is to hear the best you got. Just give it to me! I wanna hear it.

Another intent here is, I have couple busy weeks here, and I didnt want to answer alot of questions on "Scoops.....what did you mean by....."

Yet another intent here is to put the boot to the test, and to get people use to it. It might stay around for a while. Dunno know yet. My (now not hidden) agenda is to gently move the boot to cover aspects like "theme". We'll see how it goes

Another intent here is to get back to the roots of how this contest started out as. A free for all use to be common place, and from what I can see in the archives, maybe it was a little over done. But, we haven't done one for a real long time. Alot of people have asked for it. So now you got it.

-Scoops
Bunch O Stuff

Yayyy! I finally managed to do another KvR contest entry! Hope you all like 'On A Journey'!
"...Everything we see or seem is but a dream, within a dream."
MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/MarcJX8P
Virb: http://www.virb.com/marcjx8p

Scoops wrote: Another intent here is to get back to the roots of how this contest started out as. A free for all use to be common place, and from what I can see in the archives, maybe it was a little over done. But, we haven't done one for a real long time. Alot of people have asked for it. So now you got it.
You've made a few people happy :)

Prolly see a few great collabs as a result too -- as well as some fantastically creative entries!!!!! :tu:

Exciting month :hyper:

thomekk wrote:Please do, I liked your last monthy a lot
Then I'm not so sure if you're gonna like this one.
Scoops wrote:One of my intents here is to hear the best you got. Just give it to me! I wanna hear it.
Oh, crap. Since I ain't got no archives I have to start from scratch again.

As someone observed this contest is getting poppy, fine with me, I'm trying to adapt. Tonight I got a little drunk to prepare myself properly and attempted to do a pop-rock song. I got sweet drums and cute vocals and.. uh, unfortunately my guitar ability is highly, uh "experimental"... Oh, crap. Any guitar guy (or gal) would like to collab?

It just keeps gettin better!

Liqih at NUSofting + Dash Signature Has offered up 2 prizes for this month. EVE 2 AU VST and Combo Sister AU VST.
Bunch O Stuff

The last time I entered a Free for All, I got 1 vote. Anything more than that will be an improvement. It's worth a try.
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

"Free for All"... I hope this doesn't mean Oddbods will be trying out his bass-ukulele ! :shock: :hihi:

I'm working on a protest-song against boots... :lol:
Since it became a habbit to let sisters, wives, animals, etc... sing in the contest songs, I thought giving my Tanga-Girls a nice holliday and ask some girls that pick tomatos to do the vocals. I hope they don't hit too many right notes and stumble through the groove... :lol:
I'm also considering to use my Zannusi-washing machine, that'll beat the hell out of Hovmod's Ariston frogs. :wink:
IMO I'm on the right track : when my wife listened this morning to the result, she said something about a "kakafonia... " and some more terms she uses to describe an average contest song (she's rather mainstream :wink: )... :D
I'm sure you'll all be yelling for a normal Ricky Martin rock after my thingie for this month ! :hihi: :lol: :D

Scoopy, I see you expect getting the "best out of us"; if you'd wanted that, you should have asked for that... :help: :oops:

Have a nice weekend,

FreeMax... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

thomekk wrote:
Zombie Queen wrote:I think I may join this one more time....
Please do, I liked your last monthy a lot :wink:
+1 : We look forward to your entry

Max el Belga wrote: ... I thought giving my Tanga-Girls a nice holliday and ask some girls that pick tomatos to do the vocals. I hope they don't hit too many right notes and stumble through the groove... :lol:
:-o

Just make sure they pick 'the right' vegetables! :shock:
...when my wife listened this morning to the result, she said something about a "kakafonia... " and some more terms she uses to describe an average contest song (she's rather mainstream :wink: )... :D
I bet she first used that phrase after hearing '34th & Sweetheart'... :hihi:

Zombie Queen wrote:... Any guitar guy (or gal) would like to collab?
Seriously -- I'd LOVE to hear you and Niko do a collab together. :tu:

Anybody wanna +1 this? ;)

Cheers,
Alex 8)

slartibartfast wrote:The last time I entered a Free for All, I got 1 vote. Anything more than that will be an improvement. It's worth a try.
C'mon mate -- pull yer finger out and get crackin... :tu:

xander wrote:

Cheers,
Alex 8)
Fight the urge...c'mon...you can do it...

Aw hell, it's just too good an idea...

+1

:D

mmichalski59 wrote:
xander wrote:

Cheers,
Alex 8)
Fight the urge...c'mon...you can do it...

Aw hell, it's just too good an idea...

+1

:D
You did it... :hihi:

C 8) 8) L idea...

Return to “Music Cafe”