June Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was...

And who doesn't love pitch bend? I still haven't thought up a track yet, but I might try your (really friggen cool) approach to drumming with the one shots played real time over top. That would be mad for variety. I'd suggest InstaJungle for anyone interested in variety though :D

Anyways...

Moppel - 100 Yen Shop

EVIL 80s!!!

Friggen menacing opening. Love the evil ploddong bass. Very vintage lead. Love it :love:

Are those vocals voceded? Oh shit yeah, bring back electro! And not "electro-house" dammit! Dirty German phrases would be cooler. ie: Der muß dringend einen geblasen kriegen. Willst Du ficken oder was? Der Höhepunkt der Fete war der Gruppenfick danach. Etc.:-o

Neat drum sounds. Very pre-808. That snare is going to get "sampled". What's that clave-like sound tinging away in the background?

Very cool chord-like rise and fall sequence there. Has a touch of mud in it (at least on my speakers). But matches the piece insanely well. Was this knocked up in the last few days or is a snippet of an older piece. Very well made either way.

And let me be the first to say:

[whinge] It ends too abruptly. [/whinge]

EDIT: Damn responding to Marc means I'm the 2nd, but that just highlights it even more.

Zombie Queen wrote:
xander wrote:Or Rodger Waters and Cyndi Lauper's 'Another Brick'? Bob Dylan and Iggie Pop?
You see these as odd mixtures?????
er....yes duh... :dog:
xander wrote:Too Good to collab with Niko eh? :smack:
Get sober, get shower read again what I wrote, then read again what you wrote. Then go and do something useful, records something, walk your dog, relax and stop being a prick.
I don't :smack:

have :smack:

a :smack:

dog! :smack:

I hope there is option to mute people on this forum.
OK OK -- sheesh... :roll: Forget Niko :shrug:

I know! You could do a collab with Laura Smith! :hyper:

Someone should extend a hand to her -- give her a bit of experience with collabs :) I can hear it now -- The Queen and Laura! :hyper:

the *MUTE* button is on your upper left just under your name. Don't know what it does tho -- I've never used it...

:hihi:

xander wrote:I don't have a dog! :smack:
Right. Dogs are too tasty to keep as pets: hard to keep one out of local kitchens, eh?

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

1. PsyT -- Effin Cry (Short Mix)
Load up the brothers and sisters for a *trip* to Itchycoo Park. Nice & roomy with plenty of 'space'. Great mileage, economical, but packed with some great features, with some very nice space in the rear. Starts off with smooth acceleration and brakes fairly evenly.

2. MarcJX8P -- On a Journey
Designed to be taken aboard the shuttle and used to explore strange, alien planets. No armour, so best deployed on peaceful worlds -- perhaps for those fun botanical tours. The engine is quiet but has a nice low, ominous tone at times. Rather attractive appearance. Accelerates and decelerates smoothly and reliably.

3. moppel -- 100 Yen Shop
Great for shopping in those giant Tokyo malls. Load this one up at the 100 Yen Shop with all those wee gadgets everyone never needs. Easy to park but the sleepy interior can make one drowsy on trips too far from home. Comes equipped with a free muzak player pre-loaded with all your shopping mall favourites.

4. folderol -- Little Trixie
Simple, efficient transportation to the Ice Skating rink. She comes in colours, and though not very zippy, dependable and almost 'too economical'. Suspension is rather loose -- best driven on smooth surfaces. All up tho -- a nice little ride!

Last edited by adj on Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Markleford wrote:
xander wrote:I don't have a dog! :smack:
Right. Dogs are too tasty to keep as pets: hard to keep one out of local kitchens, eh?

- m
yuck yuck yuck M4'd :roll:

Actually, after a hearty meal at Fong's BBQ, my cat simply LOVES them left over dog bones... :hyper:

xander wrote::smack:
please go easy on the :smack: smileys or you'll use 'em all up

You mean these? :smack:

Psy-T - Effin Cry ShortMix -> To be honest, I don't particularly like the Stewie sample (I always found that part of the theme song a bit annoying), but you do manage to make it work. Love the squelchy 303 sound.

Marc JX8P - On A Journey -> A lovely tapestry of sound. I like the way the opening envelopes me as I'm listening. Nice flow, great sounds, very nice.

moppel - 100 Yen Shop -> Great sounds, great mood, love the vocal. Could have been used in the soundtrack for Automan (if only they hadn't cancelled it). The ending does seem just slightly abrupt. I love this track; great stuff.

folderol - Little Trixie -> Interesting track. I find the clicky sounds kind of annoying, but it does sound right in the context of the piece. It has a 'naive' charm (I don't intend that disparagingly) that is overall very pleasant.

He, thanks for the feedback. :) Yeah, it ends abruptly. At least in this version... I just quickly cut the song with a chainsaw to fit into 2mins. :hyper:
All instruments, including percussion, were done with (layers of) my synth Miffi. Vocals were done with the Mbrola speech synthesizer, with a japanese voice package. Programming every single syllable for a complete song with Mbrola is kinda cumbersome, so I made a little VSTi that translates played notes into a Mbrola .pho file. So I didn't have to set pitch and timing by hand, only the phonemes.
As for the Kraftwerk influence, that wasn't really intended, but maybe it's because I hear Kraftwerk almost every day. ;)

http://www.tutututututu.de/musik-en.html
http://www.tutututututu.de/synths/index.html

I think I've found THE perfect tittle for my protest song : "No". 8) :lol:
In 4 languages ! So I don't wanna hear : " Me no onderstand... "
With the lesson of the "less is more" month in mind, I decided to refuse offered collaborations from a Zulu male choir, an Indian sitar quintet, a Dutch carnaval fanfare and an Australian jodle ensemble... :cry:
I just can't get rid of a guy with a flute insisting to play... On top of that a new surprise arrived this morning : the tomato girl demands that her brother and his violin must be part of it too.
If not, she's out... She sings horrible, so it has cost me a ... eternity to "polish" her "gorgolitos" ! And I love her tomatos, both of them ! :love: :oops:

As you can see, I'll keep it simple this month : an absolute maximun of about 25 musicians, more or less... :hihi: :lol:

But right now I have a dilemma : "What do I do, when my wife is holding a gun in my back, telling me to finish the carpenter's job she asked for... "
Any suggestions ?... :help:

Have a nice sunday, ...too :roll:

WoodenMax... .. . :P

Sequel coming soon, only in KvR !...
Carpo diem ergo sum !

If you're stuck for inspiration this month...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHDn7_pmRug

Max el Belga wrote:"What do I do, when my wife is holding a gun in my back, telling me to finish the carpenter's job she asked for... "
Get kevlar body armor and hope she won't aim for the head.

HM Zombie, I've just put the tail between my legs and went off finishing the job... :oops:
Now it's done and I'm showered. :D

A new problem came up ! :help:
Besides an ugly protest song I have also an hypnotizing techno-trance tingie wich might definitely blow Oddbods from the top. But that would destroy my musical experiment. :?:
...Well I wondered how loooong it would take ANY talent hunter to discover Oddbods talent... :roll: :wink:
As a performer he absolutely misses the right tits and ass, but as a composer he's like an infinite oil well of the purest quality ! 8)

Hi Laura, good to see you're still here; congrats with your results. Remember, like Xander said, we're always ready for collaborations. :wink:

Cheers,

KevlarMax... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Kaaaaching! :hyper:

A Max & Laura Collab! :)

Don't them Xanga girls need a youthful refill? :tu:

A Max & Laura Collab, sounds more like a "boots shop"... :hihi: :lol:
I wonder how her singing is though; although it won't be so easy while she's playing guitar, piano, flute and whatever more... :hihi:

See ya,

DidgeridooMax... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Return to “Music Cafe”