Tribute to Klaus Schulze "Totems 2007"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the seventies I was a big fan of Klaus Schulze.
In memory of those days I made a title called "Totems 2007".

http://www.4shared.com/file/18135639/43 ... _2007.html

It is realized with the M42 synth. For the metallic sequence I used the DCota synth.

Please write me your comment. :-)

That was really nice. gently soothing with a hint of melancholy.

YBaCuO

First Tim, now Gucky . . . is this going to be a new trend or something? :D Hope so. Klaus is my all-time synth hero.

Listening now w/headphones . . . Lovely stuff. I like where you're going with this . . . I think the pads and strings are a bit too loud in the mix and probably there's a bit too much reverb/delay on things in general. The totems get kind of lost. Personal taste, probably, but I'd prefer a bit more balance. And seems like there needs to be more happening on the bottom end. When the song becomes less complex, more sparse, around the 5:30 mark things sound a lot better.

Very nice over all. Probably would sound much better on my studio monitors. Good job! :D

Hi YBaCuO, Hi emdot_ambient,
thanks for your comments. :-)
I think the M42 is perfect for such sounds.

Any other comments?
I need your critics. :-)

soothing, kinda dreamy. can really relax and drift away to this. very good. :)

sloworm wrote:soothing, kinda dreamy. can really relax and drift away to this. very good. :)
Well developed atmosphere, I enjoyed it. There are many good synth sounds in it. I think the melodies are really nice and work well to achieve the right mood, here.

Cheers

Hi sloworm, Hi Laguna Rising
many thanks for your comments. :-)

:love:
Why a tribute to Klaus Schulze ? I think it's a nice tune, YOUR tune.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,
yes, you are right it is my tune. But when I made it I had the days in my mind when I was a great fan of Klaus Schulze. For that reason it is a tribute to Klaus Schulze but not an exact copy of his music. :-)

I'd seen Klaus Schulze's shows in seventeens (two in Bordeaux, France)
...and Tangerine Dream. And Can.
Great.

Daniel

any chance of putting up a downloadable version (or did I miss something)

Oops :oops: forget that!

OMG I saw the title of this thread and thought Klaus had kicked the bucket !

Yeah I have loads of his stuff, 50% great and the other 50% total crap, but he did/has pumped a lot of stuff out.

DG

gucky the pads are m42?

this sounds very good!

the track is very nice.

Hi foderol,
you can download the song. On the internet page of the song you can find a download button.
Hi hifiboom,
yes, all pads are M42 with exception of the distorted organ sound in the beginning.

Return to “Music Cafe”