July Contest: Submission

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

5 Years

June of 2007 marked the the 5 year anniversary for Markleford's continuous contributions to the KVR Music Contest.

So...Your task for this month is to create a musical piece that pays tribute to Markleford and this feat.You may use any device available to you, and you may use any genere. Cover's will also be acceptable. If you wish to do a cover of a Markleford tune, please refer to link below.
http://www.markleford.com/kvr/serve.jsp?page=mfx

(Markleford's note: If you want original materials from one of my tracks, feel free to contact me by Private Message.)

Wait....there's more!
Markleford can't pay tribute to himself....so...his task this month is to create a musical piece that says "Thanks" to all of those that will be paying homage to him.

Good Luck

Submissions MUST follow these rules:

1 - Encoded in either .mp3 (128kbps or lower if fixed rate ... average of 128kbps or lower if VBR) or .ogg format (quality level 4.00 or lower)

2 - A STRICT MAXIMUM of TWO MINUTES in length. If it shows up as 2:01 in my player, then I'll allow it for reasons of rounding in different players. But you shouldn't take that chance! A blatant over time will result in DQ.

3 - Your composition should be made specifically for this contest.

4 - The FILE to be named in a format of "yearmonth_artistname_tracktitle"(ie "0707_artistname_tracktitle.mp3"), where the artistname is the same as your KVR name. Please, do not use spaces and special charaters in the filename. IF you are going to tag your mp3, the artist name is to be the same as your KVR name, and the title tag is to be the name of your tune

5 - Entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else). If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out.(These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide).

Providers:
1 - scoops
2 - watto
3 - slartibartfast
4 - kovacs
5 - adj
6 - _niko_
7 - knockman

In Addition...
Kara at www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more

Contest entry deadline: Tuesday, July 24th, 2007

Only one entry per person - no resubmissions without permission from the moderator, INCLUDING for time-overage correction. PM me for permission!

Voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline until 11:59 PM Tuesday, July 31st - anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified - any entrants not voting will also be
disqualified

PRIZES

Ben from Camel Audio has been so kind as to donate a prize of ANY of their products this month (and later months until further notice).

Benedict @ http://www.benedictroffmarsh.com has offered a choice of either, SynthStudio Pack I, SynthStudio Pack II or PreRoll Recorder, for this month (and later months until further notice)

Darem at digirockers.com has offerd a Silver Artist account for six months, including 20 slots for songs, a free store, a free homepage and a free gallery.

Guido (aka ZioKiller) at Soundfonts.it has offered both the Miles'tone VST and the VB3 VST For this months contest.

Liqih at NUSofting + Dash Signature Has offered up 2 prizes for this month. EVE 2 AU VST and Combo Sister AU VST.

There may be other prizes.

dont forget ... you can also check out all this months tracks in one easy process over on ...
MARKLEFORD RADIO

... and download them all using garret's handy DOWNLOAD TOOL

----

Have a Nice day
Last edited by Scoops on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bunch O Stuff

(…ahem…) Hello…this is a test of the emergency international pop culture and awareness/fairness system. The following submission is a cover of a Markeford tune. I repeat: this is a cover. If this had been an actual sevenoctaves composition, you would have been confused, stunned or bored by now, or would already be re-listening to oddbod's song for june. Thank you and have a good day! :ud:

http://www.kmtrio.com/0707_sevenoctaves ... ckSong.mp3

well somebody's gotta be first... :shrug:

Featuring a remake (snippet) from "Martian Improvisational Form".

(He's not)MarkleFerrari
(He's not)MarkelChevrolet
(He's not)MarkelToyota
Cause he's Sparklegay
(He's not)MarkleIsuzu
(He's not)MarkelSubaru
(He's not)MarkelLamborghini
and you know what's true?

Markle Markle...your face is a mess
Markle Markle...you can kiss my ass
Markle Markle...you're as reliable as a Ford
God Damn...should've bought a mower!

(He's not)MarkleJaguar
(He's not)MarkleRollsRoyce
(He's not)Marklehelicopter
(He's not)Marklejet
(He's not)Markletrain
(He's not)Markletractor
He's not a Q tip in the drain addin' up the factors
He's not a Markleboy he's not a Marklegirl
He's not a Markle anything He's no Markle swell
Pull up to the sway & slip on the make up...
It's Sparklegay...time to shake up!

The Markling Ford

Who's gonna save the day
Who's gonna make the clouds go away
Who's gonna bring some hope
Only The Markling Ford

It's The Markling Ford
Like a sparkling lord
Leading hopeless horde
Through the sonic fjord

It's The Markling Ford
With his vocal cords
Calling music folk
All over the world

Who's gonna save the night
Who's gonna stop the sun shining bright
Who's gonna bring some dope
Only The Markling Ford

Though he has provided us with a wide range of music in different styles, my brief experience in the contest always leaves me thinking of something jazzy when I see Markleford's name. With that in mind, please accept this humble attempt at writing something a bit blues-y and jazzy.

Echo Voodoo presents
Markleford's Lament
(1.82MB 128kbps mp3, 1:59 long)

Used: FL Studio, FPC, Sytrus, MrRay73, Ferox, Barricade, Omniverb, Fruity Compressor

The very short vocal sample is from Markleford's "Unreal Vegas Gig" (from the May 2003 contest). It was a fun listen through the back catalogue, and that track (and particularly that sample) made me laugh out loud immediately.

[Edited to change download link to a (hopefully) more reliable server.]
Last edited by Echo Voodoo on Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Markleford's music is amazing. Congratulations on so many entries to KVR :!:

Here is my entry for the contest.
http://www.deadcalm.com/0707_LauraSmith ... iedman.mp3

(There is a joke in my track and I hope Markleford will get it)

:D

This for you Markleford

"Rock and Real Quick as You can"

Ok, this is pretty basic! I can't do the vocal so you'll just have to sing along from the song-sheet to the tune :)

Markleford was having a bad day. His pooter had crashed corrupting the hard drive and wiping out his latest masterpiece. He just knew that by the time he got his system back up it would be too late for the competition. As if that wasn't enough, he kept getting interrupted by inane requests from those pesky KVRers for stuff he had never written (or wished he hadn't).

He decided to go up to his penthouse roof garden for a break, and was just beginning to unwind with a long cool beer when he heard a terrible wailing from down below...

Don't Jump Of The Roof Mark

Don't jump off the roof Mark,
(that's what we said to the bard).
Scoops has asked for some tunes, mate,
the playing and mixing is hard.
If you don't like our scratches,
'n can't stand another bad take.
Just take a walk to the park Mark,
and there you can jump in the lake.

Apologies to Tommy Cooper.

A while back there was an entry that was really cool called Rio Azul, in a similar fashion, though probably not as clever, here's my interpretation of Ode To Joy...

http://www.kara-moon.com/forum/index.ph ... attach=341
formerly known as mchlwlsn

Here's mine.

http://www.kara-moon.com/forum/index.ph ... attach=342

Its a remake of a lovely Markleford piece from 2005 called
Tender Hesitation.
I've translated it into two acoustic guitars and fretless acoustic bass.
Classic EQ and Glaceverb in Reaper.

Well, since
homepage wrote:KVR Audio will be migrating to a new server soon. The current server may experience performance degradation and possible downtime during the next few days. Don't Panic!
I'd better submit my entry now, to avoid problems later.

So this is time to CELEBRATE the one who's never missed a single month in the last 5 years in this contest, offering us consistently a song per month, sometime appreciated, sometime not... Moreover he offered us the Markleford Radio that made our lives easier, becoming not anymore a person's hobby but an institution.

Here is the song:

http://www.myguitaronline.com/tunes/070 ... ebrate.mp3

and I hope I'll be around when it's gonna be the 10 years anniversary, because I'm sure Mark will be :party:

dont know if its good but here are my 5 bucks ;)
i interpreted 04_04_markleford_hurryupanddie.mp3
much fun with it:

http://www.cr68.com/contest/0707_mono_t ... pordie.mp3

made with reason nothing else! ;)

greets mono_ton

So this is a Remix of Markleford's KvR March 04 entry.
i really liked this one, and it was a pretty success back then.

KvR People WOMix

Made in FL Studio with the extra help of:
Kjaerhus Golden series
daOrgan
Sytrus
Directwave
FPC

PS
the original can be heard here

My entry: Five

Thanks for all the music Markleford! :hug:

Your 5 year waltz to suicide was a real winner last month, and my song started out kind of building on that, but then I swapped piano for some synth1 sound and soon nothing sounded like the waltz anymore heh.

Hope you enjoy it!

VST used: Synth1 (lead sound), Oatmeal (pads), JB Omniverb, Kjaerhus Classic Limiter and some FL studio stuff. The bass sound is my Squier silver series sequenced on one octave lower than what I recorded on.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Quick and dirty and horrible but I wanted to take part
again.
Thanx for the wonderful Five Years
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Return to “Music Cafe”