Remix contest - *WINNERS ANNOUNCED*

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
sb.net
KVRian
654 posts since 13 Jan, 2007 from NJ, USA

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:21 pm

Thanks for the long deadline! I've already finished 1 of my remix, but I'm going to get a new mastering tool for Christmas and I'll master it then!

Phrakture, what synth did you use for that bass?
Mbox 2, iMac Intel, Trigger finger, Logic Express, Ableton Live Lite, FL Studio
animism | Youtube

Phrakture
KVRer
7 posts since 22 Nov, 2007 from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:46 pm

sb.net wrote:Phrakture, what synth did you use for that bass?
well, i used hypersonic

i went to the synth bass list in hypersonic, selected "polating bass". Then i added Mde-X for effects, I chose the effect called "synth bass EQ" so the bass was a bit heavier, then i lowered the highs on the synth a bit, and upped the lows. I guess u could make the bass heavier in hypersonic but i chose to use Mde-ex for mastering purposes.

zircon
KVRAF

Topic Starter

4621 posts since 16 Mar, 2004 from Columbia, MD

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:51 am

Another prize update... I now have a boxed version of T-Racks (my mastering tool of choice), produced by IK Multimedia, to give away through eSoundz! Check the first post for details!
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

hseiken
Banned
527 posts since 28 Sep, 2004

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:15 am

I'm up for the challenge.

Chris Walton
KVRAF
2183 posts since 25 Jan, 2007 from the back room, away from his wife's sight (or so he thinks)

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:48 pm

:o

Gotta do this - your music is probably the best that I've found through KVR. :D
Cakewalk by Bandlab / FL Studio
Squire Stratocaster / Chapman ML3 Modern V2 / Fender Precision Bass

Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

bipsurfer56
KVRer
15 posts since 8 Oct, 2007 from Charleston, SC

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:12 pm

I'm gonna give you props on a second forum, but these tracks are frickin wicked!!! Can't wait to get started...

And is is just me, or do KVR members all work super fast and have nothing else to do than produce music?? I feel like this site is a damn music manufacturing plant! lol.

Arglebargle
KVRAF
2974 posts since 18 Oct, 2004

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:57 pm

slammin' tracks dude. you are accomplishing so much, I hate you. :lol:

Phrakture
KVRer
7 posts since 22 Nov, 2007 from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:54 am

Hey!, we all have stuff to do :D, its just, music is the stuff i do :P.

zircon
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:26 am

Wow, thanks for all the comments, guys!
Gotta do this - your music is probably the best that I've found through KVR. :D
This means a lot coming from you, Chris. :)

Just so everyone knows, the CD these two tracks came from, Antigravity, is available at $11.99 (physical or DRM-free MP3 copy) through CD Baby, or $11.99 through my own website (via Paypal) for a WAV download. It's also on iTunes at $9.99 in several regions. The album spans a bunch of electronic genres, but is generally oriented towards breaks, and if you liked these two tunes you will definitely enjoy the rest.

But perhaps of more interest, if you like a good deal, it's a part of the $5 CD sale on CD Baby - get 3 CDs part of the sale and they only cost $5 each. My ethnic/electronic EP The World Circuit is also in this sale as a digital download, as well as a CD from my buddy and fellow KVR member sgx. You can browse all of the CDs in the $5 sale at www.cdbaby.com/sale.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

hseiken
Banned

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:07 pm

Just finally got around to listening to Warhead...I'm going to take a stab at the inspiration, judging by the 'Overclocked Remix' posting of this contest, that your inspiration really came from Tekken 3. This track has the signature of that soundtrack all over it...

If it's unintentional, sorry. But it's no disrespect. I love that soundtrack and it gets regular rotation in my mp3 player. ;)

zircon
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:11 pm

I'm not actually that familiar with Tekken, but a friend of mine regularly sends me MP3s from the series. My main inspirations for it were really Prodigy and "Blockrockin' Beats" era Chemical Brothers. But since I did have Tekken mp3s lying around, that was probably subconsciously there as well... :)

hseiken
Banned

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:23 pm

At the risk of getting in trouble, posting a link to Tekken 3 PS1 remix of Paul Pheonix tune...

Kind of in same vein.

It's good shit.

http://hseiken.mynoisebleeds.com/06%20% ... heonix.mp3

Chris Walton
KVRAF
2183 posts since 25 Jan, 2007 from the back room, away from his wife's sight (or so he thinks)

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:35 am

bump for great justice
Cakewalk by Bandlab / FL Studio
Squire Stratocaster / Chapman ML3 Modern V2 / Fender Precision Bass

Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

core
KVRAF
4731 posts since 2 Sep, 2005 from city of lights (nl)

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:20 pm

Very nice tracks zircon, and the mix sounds just great
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't check here if you can't control yourself!

zircon
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:02 pm

Thanks guys. That Tekken track does sound similar to Warhead stylistically.. never heard it before though!

BTW I've already received one entry and a few people have sent me WIPs/sketches that are definitely sounding good. I'm excited.

Return to “Music Cafe”