A veritable musical journey for your dilection!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys,

Haven't been around here for a while, maybe since I posted in Music Theory.

A bit rock, a bit classical, a bit Fred Nietzsche (the spoken quotations)!

Sorry if it's a bit long (4 min)....

Carenzas Trench

Regards,
Cyniq
Last edited by Cyniq on Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well done track mate. GOod mix, awesome vocals. guitar playing is radIcAL

Loving it! good feeling. smooth.

Thanks

Hi ckatrun411,

Thanks for replying. You are the first person in the world to hear it and offer a comment, so thanks for that!

Are you sure you've got the right music though? I wouldn't call that rambling 'vocals'! :wink:

Regards,
Cyniq

I really liked the changes in this. Lots of surprizes, which is something that I sort of insist on in music that I listen to.

The guitar work reminds me a bit of the f**king Champs.

8)8)8)

herodotus wrote:I really liked the changes in this. Lots of surprises...
Agreed. Rockin' track, Cyniq. 8)

Hey, thanks a lot guys.

I'm kind of isolated where I am, so I don't often get any feedback for my stuff.

I'm glad someone likes it. Thanks again.

Cyniq wrote:rambling 'vocals'! :wink:
well I'm nuts...

join reverb nation. become my fan, I will become yours

:hug:

Great tune! Really enjoyed listening to this, thanks. :D

The ONLY thing I didn't like about this was that many of the higher notes on the guitars sound like the guitar needed a setup - intonation was off considerably. Otherwise, very enjoyable retro-prog styling.

Oops, the synth horns at 3:05 or so don't belong in a song that sounds distinctively 70's. Make that the 2nd thing. These could be replaced by some B3 stabs and you'll be all set.

Other than that - very refreshing alternative ride whilst listening to the music cafe.

-Scott

Thanks for the comments Scott.

Near the beginning there are some very high slide notes that are around the theoretical 30th fret or something. I had to put a dab of black marker on the string so I could hit it. I'm sure the intonation is not spot on.

As for the guitar in general I have to check it. I'm not that sensitive to intonation variances, only bum notes I think. I'm sure my bends are bit duff sometimes.

The horns were an experiment, as was the string trio which are from the Garritan Personal Orchestra. My intention is to film a video of this piece and the horns are there because I have a sight gag in mind to go along with them.

Thanks for listening and giving some honest criticism.

Regards,
Cyniq

Nice prog track. I thought prog (rock/metal) was all about weaving different styles together and using different sounds, whether they are traditional or non traditional to the piece.

Yeah, I'm a bit that way Metalifuxx. It's funny how something like old school prog rock, which was mean't to tear down musical boundaries is often required to adhere to it's own rules of engagement!

Return to “Music Cafe”