Piano solo

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Piano solo, in a sort of modern minimalism style.

There are parts of this that I absolutely love and parts that I want to change, so consider this a first draft.

http://music.charmoffensive.net/mp3/Pia ... -Dec26.mp3

Would love some comments.

well i like it, it feels very atmospheric, what i don't like that much is the last part where it starts to go faster, feels like a horse starting to run but otherwise i really can't put a finger on it.

Could easily have been a intro to an movie or docu.

Keep em coming.
And we can take this huge universe and put it inside a very tiny head, you fold it.

Thanks man! Your encouragement guarantees more will come! :)

It's not bad, but I think it is too 'thin' to stand by itself, maybe later add some soft strings.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

funny story- I had some very calm kaki king going on in the background which I absolutely forgot about. I clicked on your track and it happened to be in the exact key and style as kaki king music..i thought it was just yours playing and I was sayin to myself, wow, this is amazing!! :D

the track sounds good but as already mentioned, it needs atleast a couple more elements for solidification. I'd like to see where this one goes.
keep on keepin' on :)
"You must not only aim aright, but draw the bow with all your might."

Thanks guys for your suggestions. Most of you, and others I've played this for all seem to agree that it needs something "extra". More than a few people have said that it's got a film soundtrack feel to it, which is exactly the feeling I was going for here.

This bothers me, since i do really like minimalism, and piano solos, which makes me wonder if I'm either a) not doing them properly or b) I am doing them properly but because I wrote it like a film soundtrack it's going to feel weird on its own, without the visuals.

So.. I've decided to do both versions. A piano solo for me and something extra for everyone else! :)

And thanks to all your suggestions I'm going to improve on this one and fill it out like the people demand :D

musikjock, I'm going to need your help for a second. Can you remember the name of that Kaki King track you were listening to at the time?

Return to “Music Cafe”