The next Berlin school track "Mare tranquilitas" from Gucky

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Two years ago I recorded the first version of "Mare tranquilitas".
But I was not happy with that version.
So I decided to make a new version of the song:
Here it is:
http://www.4shared.com/file/31691564/4d ... as_16.html

I use Manyguitar, Hypersonic 2, Groove Agent 3 and Analog factory
for the song.

I would be happy to get some comments from you. :-)

BUMP :-)

Hey Gucky, r u on Reverb Nation Or facebook?

I'd love to be your fan on verb nation...

meanwhile, the rain in this tracks beginning was cool. The mix is solid, and your handle on harmony and melody shines.

I am glad you bumped it

Cheers

Listening to it right now and I like it. Sounds like it could be a section of a nice long TD'esque piece.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

yes, very dreamy melody and relaxing track, nice.
---

Quite relaxing, and the melody has that "Berlin School" feeling (Edgar on his guitar 8) ). I like the sounds, nice mix of analogue-style and clean digital.
Thanks for sharing,
Andreas

Very rich and full track, moving and inspired. Thanks for posting this.

Hi Goseba,ckatrun411,ThomasLehmann,bobsled,AndreasKrebs
many thanks for listening to my music and for your comments. :-)

Very nice track. Good production with lots of tingly things.

Maybe a tad long for the amount of material, but maybe I should first find out what this "berlin school" is.

Victor.

VicDiesel wrote:Very nice track. Good production with lots of tingly things.

Maybe a tad long for the amount of material, but maybe I should first find out what this "berlin school" is.

Victor.
Well, it's just one of those thousands of "classifications". I think the music of Tangerine dream, Klaus Schulze and other artists is meant - sometimes (though I remember a rather hard fight at a pub because of this :hihi: ) Kraftwerk and Kitaro and Jean Michel Jarre (okay, that's what you can read too somewhere, it was not just in this pub :hihi: ) are "Berlin school". Just classifications, what matters is the music, Victor. Schulze sometimes played an idea for 30 minutes, with rather few changes, still it had/has a real power in it

I like the track much, as I like all of your fine melodies, Gucky. And indeed, it reminds me of Klaus Schulze and Tangerine dream, in their more melodic music.(and by the way, hello again :) ). Thanks much for sharing this.

Hi VicDiesel, Hi Klemperer,
thanks for your comments. :-)

Yes, with "Berlin school" I mean the style of Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze.
In my youth I was very fascinated by their music and the many expensive synths like Moog modular, PPG, Oberheims, Rolands,Fairlight etc.
In that days I could not imagine that 30 years later I would be able to do such music in a little home studio.
Although I do not like the style Tangerine Dream makes today music, the Tangerine Dream of late seventies and the early eighties are the most important influences of my music. Records as "exit", "Poland" or "logos" are the music I like since 30 years. I try to mix it with influences of today to create my own style.
Last edited by Gucky on Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nice Chillout
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Hi folderol
thanks for your comment.

I finished now that song and made a new one: "return of the space cowboys"

You can find it here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 63#2858563

Very strong floating picture ..... love it!

Thanks!

m
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Music Cafe”