(ddk) never ending life's

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

starting:
another kinda cd (without the actual cd part, of course)
back on track a bit
-reverse breakdown

ending:
my work trying to elicit visuals from sound. Without control over the acoustic environment, there is no control.

This is called "never ending life's"
using:
string thing
stringZ2
samples
for entertaining porpoises only

The.. problematic.. grammar of the song's title was enough to lure me in. ;)

Neat!

Once it kicks in at :55 or so, the theme is rather nice! Overall, I found the track too sparse for my tastes. And too synthetic-- but since it used synths almost exclusively, that's not anything surprising. :)

life's like that! :lol:

I actually keyed tuned drums to make it sound even more synthetic!
amusing to me using 'real' sound to make synthetic sound

I'm somewhat into sparse constructions atm. And long intros, apparently. :)

um..
bump

wondering what you might think of my direction with this, as it is the theme of my next so-called cd.

don't know about the way, since I can only see where you're at, not where you're from, musically.

But the statement you made here, musically again, is rather convincing to me. My humble critique wouold address the drums coming in at around 3:55, and it's not what the do but what associations they bring up sounding as ordinary as the do. I'd love to here something subtly unreal here to go with the dissonant plucks that come in a little later (are they product of some microscale weirdness or deliberately detuned?).

The thing that impresses me mostis the flavour of being unconventional yet not klischee.

ciao, t
Input: watching the world go by ...
Manifestors: AMD Athlon XP 2600 / Terratec DMX 6 Fire / Windows XP / Cubase SX ...
Output: McCartnoTRON

taiwanizer wrote: But the statement you made here, musically again, is rather convincing to me. My humble critique wouold address the drums coming in at around 3:55, and it's not what the do but what associations they bring up sounding as ordinary as the do.
First, thanks for taking the time to listen and critique this :)
I wanted something to bring the tone back to reality and thought a real sounding bit of drums might do the trick.
A bit to abrupt, probably.
(are they product of some microscale weirdness or deliberately detuned?)
. Deliberately detuned to evoke microscale tunings. I tend to fuse Asian influences into my work, as I like Chinese and other Asian traditional music.
The thing that impresses me most is the flavour of being unconventional yet not klischee.

ciao, t
Thanks. :) For unknown reasons I like to skirt the edge of cheesy kitsch!

The beginning of this tune is part of the end of another, making it appear out of place. But I try to work transitions until they work in context with the next piece.
-Just something I like to do.
The next tune to my compilation will hopefully be led in by the ending of this tune.

Thanks again!

Return to “Music Cafe”